RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Did any of the bankers resulting in the 2008 crash face jail time or did any of the people demonized by the left as war criminals in the bush administration face criminal charges for torture and other policies during the bush administration?

Or, was there talk of “bipartisanship “ getting along and looking forward and not backwards talk when the Democratic Congress and Obama came into office? It’s s fair question.

You are trying to compare the banking crash of 2008 and the Iraq war to Trump and his administration committing treason, and money laundering for the Russian mob?

Is that critical thinking?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Your agenda around here is as clear as day. All that needs to be said. But please, continue. Why stop once your jig is up? Doesn't stop the man in the white house. :hhh:
I have no hidden agenda. You just misinterpret my intentions. You seem to think I’m some hidden agent trying to harm Democrats when I vote Democrat constantly. My agenda is making sure that Democrats in power don’t simply enjoy the benefits of the fact people are mobilized by hatred of trump and may deliver wins in the fall but they also listen to what their voters want and act in their interest. Also I feel they should be a bit scared. I would love to have an Eric cantor moment in the Democratic Party where it shows that Democrats understand that it’s not enough to be voted into office, you need to do what your voters want.

Because people are motivated, now, by trump but say once trump is out of office and we get a democratic president but like what happened with Obama, we could have a Democratic President but lose the Congress in two years to the opposing party who stifle legislation like 2010. Grassroots support and enthusiasm is important to keep congress

Basically, I have doubts personally, even if Democrats get supermajorities, and most Democrats would love to see Trump impeached, the more softhearted Democrats or scared Democrats for example will push tired symbolism and “bipartisanship” rhetoric to avoid doing this. I think they will worry they may upset republican voters and republicans a bit too much and avoid doing it. History has shown this is possible. This is a party still focused on chasing the mythical “moderate republican” more than their own base.

I want to know what others think outside of just getting caught up in the now hype of whatever new news story comes out.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You are trying to compare the banking crash of 2008 and the Iraq war to Trump and his administration committing treason, and money laundering for the Russian mob?

Some of us don't want to set ourselves up for disappointment in the (not improbable) event that nothing happens to Trump. :yeshrug:

I've watched this guy get away with EVERYTHING for years, so forgive me if I'm a little cynical.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

As been stated a few times treason is a very specific crime where you help the enemy you’re at war with. You can’t charge the president with treason based on what we know.

I agree that is all very bad but that is my point. We have two political parties where the current party is willing to look past the worst of the worst of their own for political reasons. The other, based on other contexts, seem very concerned with image and things within a Washington media political context. What I mean by the latter, is an extreme focus on polls, dc consultants, and what the “Washington” media only cares about. Not what average people think is important. Very detached. Read the story posted in another thread of how the DCCC is operating now and you can see the same adherence to the old school mentality of only backing candidates who can show how many tv ads( a dying medium or at least not as important these days.) they can get or that some school teacher running for some office can show on her phone contacts she can raise 250k before getting support instead of simply supporting the candidate people are willing to vote for. It’s old hat and Obama along with Howard dean both showed that the way forward is across the board grassroots movements. Most of the Democrats in Washington seem a little stuck in “tradition”.

The point is that we have a lot of politicians right now that rely on the New York Times or Washington Post for example to tell them on how to politically move forward and not what is in the minds of everyday people. So what I imagine is a real possibility is that as Democrats move through possible impeachement you start to get these common “riding the fence” stories from various publications like “ will Democrats suffer politically for their impeachment efforts?! “ and so on and so on.

My question is, will Democrats in the current form stand against the wind or go where the wind takes them?

Last edited: