RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:ALERTRED:

Exclusive: Bannon apologizes

Exclusive: Bannon apologizes
1515329984128.jpg

Bannon. Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Battered by the backlash from Michael Wolff's book, Steve Bannon is trying to make amends with the Trump family, providing a statement to Axios that expresses "regret" to President Trump and praises his son, Donald Trump Jr.

• "Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man. He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around."
  • "My support is also unwavering for the president and his agenda — as I have shown daily in my national radio broadcasts, on the pages of Breitbart News and in speeches and appearances from Tokyo and Hong Kong to Arizona and Alabama."
  • "President Trump was the only candidate that could have taken on and defeated the Clinton apparatus. I am the only person to date to conduct a global effort to preach the message of Trump and Trumpism; and remain ready to stand in the breech for this president's efforts to make America great again."
  • "My comments about the meeting with Russian nationals came from my life experiences as a Naval officer stationed aboard a destroyer whose main mission was to hunt Soviet submarines to my time at the Pentagon during the Reagan years when our focus was the defeat of 'the evil empire' and to making films about Reagan's war against the Soviets and Hillary Clinton's involvement in selling uranium to them.":PutinCmonSon:
  • "My comments were aimed at Paul Manafort, a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate. He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends. To reiterate, those comments were not aimed at Don Jr.":moscowmjpls:
  • "Everything I have to say about the ridiculous nature of the Russian 'collusion' investigation I said on my 60 Minutes interview. There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt."
  • "I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president's historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency."
The backstory ... In Wolff's book, Bannon is quoted as saying of Mueller's prosecutors: "They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.'"

Be smart: While Bannon's statement may seem like a baby step, he's as stubborn as Trump when it comes to apologizing and admitting he has made a mistake. He views any concession as a sign of humiliating weakness.

What's next: Look for Don Jr. to accept the statement graciously. But Bannon has further to go with President Trump: Axios has learned that POTUS has said that he wants surrogates who appear for him on TV to "bury Steve."

• Axios' Jonathan Swan reported last night: Trump has been working the phones over the past several days, telling allies they need to choose between him and Bannon.
P.S. "Fake book" ... Trump tweets as he leaves Camp David: "I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author."

• "Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!"
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily morning newsletter, Axios AM.

@DonKnock @SJUGrad13 @88m3 @wire28 @smitty22 @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @OneManGang @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @tmonster @BigMoneyGrip @Soymuscle Mike @.r. @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @GnauzBookOfRhymes @Dracudiddy @Dameon Farrow @TheNig @VR Tripper @re'up

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

What I would give to see a tweet ofTrump rejecting this apology.:banderas:

These people are all suppose to be smart, but its like he doesn't realize that the campaign manager committing treason is a poor reflection on the campaign and the person that was at the top of the campaign. Like how did these people become successful:mindblown:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bannon is just looking to get back into good graces with Donald. He knows the book has done alot of damage to Jarvanka already

apologizing now wont hurt his goals. chess not checkers
Those checks disappeared and Steve got a habit :patrice:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Those checks disappeared and Steve got a habit :patrice:

Yep its not Trump he needs to get in the good graces of, its the billionaires who support Trump he needs to forgive him or at least continue to fund him. He's definitely suffering from a case of "If this idiot can do it, why can't I" but he forgot that the idiot cheated, lied, and stole to pull it off and even then it was a mistake.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Another Trump administration nominee doesnt have the right credentials

Trump Nominee to Lead Indian Health Services Faces Claims of Misrepresentation

Trump Nominee to Lead Indian Health Services Faces Claims of Misrepresentation
Former workers at a Missouri hospital question leadership roles claimed by Robert Weaver, a 39-year-old member of Quapaw tribe, who says he is qualified to lead agency

BN-WV779_IHSJPG_J_20180104131716.jpg

The Trump administration nominated Robert Weaver, a 39-year-old member of the Quapaw tribe of Oklahoma, to be the director of the Indian Health Service. His nomination was sent to the U.S. Senate for confirmation in October. PHOTO: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
By
Christopher Weaver and

Dan Frosch
Jan. 5, 2018 11:38 a.m. ET
156 COMMENTS

President Donald Trump’s nominee to lead the troubled Indian Health Service appears to have misrepresented his work experience at a Missouri hospital to a Senate committee, according to former employees at the hospital.

The nominee, Robert Weaver, 39 years old, has “nearly two decades of experience in hospital, mental health administration,” the Trump administration said in announcing his candidacy.

Evidence of that experience cited on his publicly available resume and a formal document provided to U.S. senators includes his time at St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Joplin, Mo., from 1997 to 2006.

On the résumé, he described financial roles he held at the hospital, including overseeing accounts receivable and the budget. In the document addressed to the Senate Indian Affairs Committee after his nomination, he said he worked in “supervisory and management positions” there, according to a spokeswoman for Sen. Tom Udall, a New Mexico Democrat who is vice chairman of the committee. The committee is responsible for reviewing the nomination before the full Senate considers it.

The spokeswoman, Jennifer Talhelm, provided the information after the Journal contacted Mr. Udall’s office seeking information about Mr. Weaver’s representations.

She said Mr. Weaver, a member of the Quapaw tribe of Oklahoma, told the Senate committee that his leadership experience qualifies him to lead the IHS, a roughly $6 billion federal agency that operates 26 hospitals and oversees medical care for more than 2 million Native Americans.

However, former St. John’s managers in some of the areas where he said he worked don’t remember him: “I don’t recall that name whatsoever,” said Augusto Noronha, who was chief financial officer of the hospital from 1999 until 2005.

“I’ve never heard that name before,” said Wayne Noethe, a former controller at the hospital.

RELATED

Another former executive, Bob Henderson, who was director of patient financial services, said he recalled a subordinate named Rob Weaver who registered E.R. patients, gathered insurance information and collected copays, and who eventually supervised a few other patient-registration workers.

Asked whether that constituted a leadership role, Mr. Henderson said, “Well, I guess it would depend upon how you look at leadership.” Other former St. John’s officials described this as an “entry level” job.:russ:

The Journal cross-checked each account of a former St. John’s employee’s tenure and roles with at least two of their old colleagues.

A spokeswoman for the committee’s chairman, John Hoeven, a Republican from North Dakota, said the committee would look into the Journal’s findings of inconsistencies concerning the nominee’s credentials and make sure “all these questions and others are fully answered by Mr. Weaver.”

Mr. Weaver, in a brief phone call Thursday, referred all questions to U.S. Health and Human Services Department, which oversees the IHS, but said: “There’s a lot more to this story than what you are apparently being told” and declined to elaborate.

An HHS spokeswoman declined to comment on whether the agency and Mr. Weaver stood by past representations about his hospital experience.

The spokeswoman said “any suggestion Mr. Weaver is unqualified to run IHS is a pure act of character assassination.”

She declined to comment on his titles at St. John’s, his responsibilities, or whom he supervised, but forwarded statements from Dottie Bringle, a former chief nursing officer at St. John’s. The statements said Mr. Weaver “provided oversight for responsibilities including great communication, organizational skills, problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work well with others.” One said his roles included “oversight of many other team members.”

Ms. Bringle confirmed the statements were hers, but declined to elaborate.

The HHS spokeswoman sent the Journal a series of statements by tribal leaders, citing Mr. Weaver’s qualifications. Three of them said Mr. Weaver “has worked with the IHS system for nearly two decades.” Asked by the Journal what constituted his IHS experience, the spokeswoman said he had needed the system as a patient, especially when he was a child, and pointed to his career in health care.

Mr. Weaver’s nomination was sent to the U.S. Senate for confirmation in October. The next leader of the agency, which hasn’t had a Senate-confirmed director since 2015, will face daunting challenges: Two of the IHS’s hospitals have been banned from the Medicare program for failing to meet U.S. requirements for care. The agency has struggled with staffing problems and allegations that negligent treatment led to numerous patient deaths.

im-1280

The Indian Health Service's Sioux San Hospital Emergency Department in Rapid City, S.D.PHOTO: RAPID CITY JOURNAL FILE/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Mr. Weaver told senators that U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin, an Oklahoma Republican, first suggested the idea of his nomination to be IHS director during a March 2017 meeting between the two men, according to Ms. Talhelm. A spokeswoman for Rep. Mullin confirmed Mr. Weaver’s account.

A spokeswoman for St. Louis-based Mercy health system, which acquired St. John’s Regional Medical Center in 2009, said the company couldn’t verify Mr. Weaver’s positions because some of its records were destroyed in a 2011 tornado that leveled parts of Joplin and badly damaged the hospital.

The HHS spokeswoman said Mr. Weaver’s own copies of employment records were also destroyed in the tornado.:mjlol:

His résumé states that he worked at St. John’s Regional Medical Center in “various hospital administration positions, including managing all accounts receivable, budgets, patient access and physician recruitment.”

He told Mr. Udall in a meeting that his management roles included, in his first few positions, oversight of 80 to 100 staff members, Ms. Talhelm said. The document provided to senators also described “leadership roles” at a large health system, Ms. Talhelm said. He didn’t mention working at any other health system other than St. John’s, she said. :russ:

Asked what evidence of his St. John’s roles Mr. Weaver offered, Ms. Talhelm said, Mr. Weaver at first couldn’t recall his titles at the hospital and provided a “list of nonspecific positions.”:pachaha:

Rhonda Foust, who worked in finance at the Joplin hospital from 1981 to 2010, said she doesn’t recall crossing paths with Mr. Weaver. “I was the budget coordinator during that whole time,” she said.“If this person was over budgets, I would have known them.”:whoo::huhldup:

Jane Obert, a longtime manager who served as compliance officer among other jobs from 1992 to 2008, said that his name didn’t ring a bell to her. “I was involved in every single physician contract deal for that whole period that he claimed to work there. Anyone in physician recruitment would definitely interact with me.”:bryan::ooh:

Diane Sadler, an accounting manager at the hospital from 1993 until 2010, said she worked “side by side with accounts receivable” and never met Mr. Weaver. “I’m sure I would have remembered the last name Weaver because that was my grandmother’s last name,” she said.:damn:

Mr. Henderson, the patient-financial services director who remembers a subordinate named Rob Weaver, said he seemed like a sharp young man and stood out for his confidence and ability to resolve conflict. Still, he said he didn’t recall Mr. Weaver ever overseeing accounts receivable or working in budgeting or physician recruitment, or regularly participating in the leadership meetings while working under his chain of command. Mr. Henderson left the hospital in 2006.:heh:

He said that the department where Mr. Weaver worked included about 35 people and that he recalled Mr. Weaver may have supervised a portion of them, but didn’t oversee the whole department.

“I’m sure that Robert has probably grown in his skills and abilities since that time,” Mr. Henderson said.

While some tribes say Mr. Weaver’s unconventional background is needed to lead IHS, other tribal officials and medical associations have questioned whether, if accurate, the credentials Mr. Weaver has claimed qualify him for the job—or for addressing the agency’s current challenges.

After Mr. Weaver’s nomination, the Association of American Indian Physicians published a list of what it says should be the minimal qualifications for an IHS director. It includes at least five years of clinical experience and, preferably, a medical degree, neither of which Mr. Weaver has. :dead::deadrose:

One of Mr. Weaver’s resumes says that he attended Missouri Southern State University and that he studied “International Business w/ emphasis in Marketing and Accounting; Minor in Spanish; Minor in Vocal Music & Piano.” It doesn’t say that he graduated.

A spokeswoman for the university, Cassie Mathes, said Mr. Weaver attended from 1996 through the fall of 2001, pursued a BA in Spanish and was listed as “degree seeking” as of 2001 but never graduated.:heartylaugh: The timing indicates that he attended college during some of the years he worked at the Joplin hospital. :jordanhilarious:

The HHS spokeswoman said Mr. Weaver had changed his major from Spanish to international business.

His experience also includes working as a self-employed insurance salesman and benefits consultant, according to his résumé and current and former clients of his business. Oklahoma licensing records show he obtained his license to sell insurance products in 2007 and formed a series of companies.

Kay Rhoads, the principal chief of the Sac and Fox Nation, which hired Mr. Weaver’s company to negotiate its health-insurance rates last year, said Mr. Weaver did a good job in getting cheaper rates for the tribe. Ms. Rhoads said Mr. Weaver’s background would bring more financial accountability to IHS.

Ms. Rhoads added, “We’ve had people with medical backgrounds for years and it hasn’t worked.”

The last IHS director to be confirmed by the Senate, Yvette Roubideaux, was a medical doctor with three degrees from Harvard. Dr. Roubideaux, who has faced intense criticism of her stewardship of the agency from 2009 to 2015, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

—Lisa Schwartz contributed to this article.

Write to Christopher Weaver at christopher.weaver@wsj.com and Dan Frosch at dan.frosch@wsj.com

:knowledge:

@DonKnock @SJUGrad13 @88m3 @wire28 @smitty22 @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @OneManGang @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @tmonster @BigMoneyGrip @Soymuscle Mike @.r. @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! @GnauzBookOfRhymes @Dracudiddy @Dameon Farrow @TheNig @VR Tripper @re'up

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:gucci:

The Mooch’s gift to Trump staff: A taxpayer-funded stylist
Hair and makeup artist Katie Price won a full-time White House gig after short-lived communications director Anthony Scaramucci voiced his approval.
ANNIE KARNI01/07/2018 07:25 AM EST
She may be the most lasting legacy of Anthony Scaramucci’s 11-day stint in the White House.

Professional stylist Katie Price, who previously worked as a hair and makeup artist for Russia Today:moscowmjpls:
and CNN, is now a full-time White House official with a desk in the press office and the title of production assistant, which includes her daily duties getting press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, counselor Kellyanne Conway and other White House staffers coiffed and camera-ready.

That position was created for her last fall, thanks, in part, to public praise from “the Mooch” for Price’s briefing room stylings, which include loose curls and dark eye shadow on the women and what appear to be heavy layers of pancake makeup heaped on the men.

In his brief moment in the spotlight, the smooth-talking Long Island financier went on CNN last July to give Price's work his seal of approval. “Sarah, if you're watching, I loved the hair and makeup person we had on Friday,” Scaramucci said during an interview two days after taking on the role of communications director. “So I'd like to continue to use the hair and makeup person.”

The White House dropped Scaramucci but kept Price, placing her on the government payroll. Officials declined to reveal her salary, though it will become public next summer as part of an annual release of the salaries of all West Wing staff.

Having a makeup artist on staff 24/7 isn’t unique to President Donald Trump’s White House. But in an administration in which the man at the top is obsessed with television and appearances — often gravitating toward people he believes look like they were sent over from “central casting” — the question of who dolls up the staff has become a subject of fascination for regular cable news viewers, glued to the drama being played out daily by a shiny-haired, lip-glossed cast of characters.

On Friday, Price declined to speak to a reporter who spotted her in the shared cubicle she occupies in the cramped area known internally at the White House as “lower press,” where junior press aides work tucked away behind the briefing room.

But from there, Price is on call for any White House official with a public-facing role, with some notable exceptions: She doesn’t touch the president or other members of the Trump family, even though Ivanka Trump is technically a government staffer who makes television appearances from “Pebble Beach,” a gravel area in front of the White House where TV news cameras are permanently stationed. First lady Melania Trump pays out of pocket for her own stylist when she relies on professional help, her spokeswoman said. Price most often works with the communications team, including Raj Shah, Mercedes Schlapp and Hogan Gidley. She has glossed up the vice president on at least one occasion.

Before joining the White House, Price had a bridal business, NOVAbelles, which included a “belle of the ball” package with hair, makeup and eyelash extensions clocking in at $1,100. On the now-defunct site, she listed Meredith Vieira as one of her celebrity clients. Other freelance clients included TV networks like Russia Today:PutinCmonSon:, which she listed working for on LinkedIn in February 2017.

“Katie is a great addition to the team,” said Sanders. “It’s a combination of her talent and her support of what we’re doing. You don’t want someone who doesn’t support what we’re doing or want to be here.”

Indeed, Price — who deleted her business website and LinkedIn bio after POLITICO started making inquiries about her background — appears to be enjoying the unique position in which she has found herself. On social media, she often posts portraits of herself attending public events in the Rose Garden, often filed under hashtags like #LoveMyJob, #TaxCuts and #Blessed.

Price arrives on the White House campus early every morning to help get Sanders camera-ready, usually working in time carved out after Sanders’ first round of morning meetings.

“She’s definitely made my life easier,” said Sanders, who said she was paying out of pocket for a stylist to come in on a freelance basis until the White House made the decision to place a full-time makeup artist on staff. (Sanders’ predecessor, Sean Spicer, used to apply his own makeup ahead of television appearances.):mjlol:

The addition of a makeup artist to the government payroll is a change from the Obama administration, which never employed one, according to four former officials — but which also never employed a female press secretary. :MichelleOsideeye:

When a senior adviser like Valerie Jarrett needed to be done up, they would pay out of pocket, the former officials confirmed. But the setup with Price — who also answers phones and emails, escorts members of the press around the White House campus and handles wrangling duties with other press assistants — is similar to the system the George W. Bush administration set up when it came into office.

Lois Cassano, a makeup artist who had previously worked for NBC, ABC and "PBS NewsHour," was hired on Day One of the Bush administration in 2001 to apply makeup for the press secretary, the president, the vice president, the first lady, visiting heads of state, Cabinet secretaries and any senior administration officials appearing on television to represent the administration.

“In addition to those things,” recalled former Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer, “Lois handled all clearances for the press. She established the computerized system, answered phones, helped with paperwork and was treated like any member of my press staff.”

Cassano worked in the Bush administration for a full eight years, and by the end was considered a core member of the press team.

But former officials recalled a debate around bringing on a taxpayer-funded makeup artist — and justifying it by making sure there were other duties involved in the job outside of applying a powder brush to shiny foreheads.

“I’m a little bit of a purist on personnel,” said Anita McBride, a former chief of staff to first lady Laura Bush and a former director of White House personnel under Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. “In any position on the White House staff, you have to ask if it’s a taxpayer-funded need, if it’s a legitimate function, and look at it through the lens of essential versus non-essential personnel.”

When the George W. Bush White House decided to bring Cassano in-house, McBride recalled, “we tried to figure out if there were other functions in the office that need to be filled, that this person could do — because the day is not filled putting on makeup.”

Cassano also did not travel with the president. Instead, former Bush aides remember press secretary Dana Perino applying powder to the president’s face ahead of television interviews abroad.

Price has yet to accompany the Trump team on any trips, Sanders said.

Before the advent of on-staff White House makeup artists, the Republican National Committee would pay for Nancy Reagan’s hair and makeup routine, McBride said.

There was also no makeup artist on call or payroll for staffers in the Clinton White House, when the 24/7 cable culture was still in its infancy and the daily press briefing was, for the first time, becoming a televised event.

But one former Clinton White House official said she would have been happy for the help. “I wish we could have done the same,” the official said. “If you expect people to be available for on-air interviews, then it’s only reasonable to give them the tools to succeed.”

McBride agreed that in the televised age that politics lives in today, the makeup artist now passes her “essential personnel” litmus test. “This is the modern age we live in,” she said. “When you have staff members starting the morning shows at 7 a.m. on camera, this has evolved to be a relevant function. I don’t envy anyone who has to be on camera there now. It is constant scrutiny.”

POLITICO Playbook and get the latest news, every morning — in your inbox.

Show Comments