RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Knight takes King's Bishop :ooh:
All I can say at this point is :wow:

There MIGHT be some wiggle room for Sessions not to resign, but this most likely will take Sessions off the board for the investigation Russian ties. That's a major blow to Trump's defense team.

And I'm willing to bet the shenanigans go much deeper.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Knight takes King's Bishop :ooh:
All I can say at this point is :wow:

There MIGHT be some wiggle room for Sessions not to resign, but this most likely will take Sessions off the board for the investigation Russian ties. That's a major blow to Trump's defense team.

And I'm willing to bet the shenanigans go much deeper.

Yup!

I wonder if Darrell Issa knew this when he was on Bill Maher a few nights ago.

:patrice:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not that it needs to be said but it's like your shytty political ideology and rampant bigotry isn't enough you have to commit treason, lie to congress and the American people on top of it all?

I hope they throw the book at every last one of them.

Our democracy for better or worse is getting shaken to the core right now. If the Justice Department, intelligence agencies, courts and most importantly congress can't do the right thing now we're in for a bleak future.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
He's not going out without a fight.
A spokeswoman for Sessions confirmed that the meetings took place, but provided a statement from the attorney general saying they were not related to the election campaign.

“I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign,” Sessions’ statement said. “I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false.”

“This is the latest attack against the Trump administration by partisan Democrats,” a senior administration official said, according to CNN.

“Sessions met with the ambassador in an official capacity as a member of the Senate armed services committee, which is entirely consistent with his testimony.”

Sarah Isgur Flores, a spokeswoman for Sessions, denied he had deceived the Senate. “There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer,” Flores said in a statement, noting Sessions had over 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors last year.

“He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign – not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the armed services committee.”

:francis:
While the committee was considering his nomination, the panel’s top Democrat, Senator Patrick Leahy, also raised the issue of communications with Russia in a written questionnaire.

“Several of the president-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties,” Leahy wrote, before asking Sessions point-blank: “Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?”

“No,” Sessions responded.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Michael McFaul, a Stanford University professor who until 2014 served as U.S. ambassador to Russia, said he was not surprised that Kislyak would seek a meeting with Sessions. “The weird part is to conceal it,” he said. “That was at the height of all the discussions of what Russia was doing during the election.”