[Rumour] Sony to release PS5 Pro SKU at launch?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PlayStation 5 Pro could launch alongside standard model, new rumor suggests | TechRadar

As spotted by Wccftech, noted Japanese games journalist Zenji Nishikawa made the claim in a new video on his YouTube channel, and while that kind of thing normally wouldn't be considered a rock-solid lead, Nishikawa has proven accurate in the past with his predictions of the PS4 Pro and Switch Lite.

According to Nishikawa, the PS5 Pro will cost around $100-$150 more than the basic PS5 console. The report states that Sony is taking this approach because it has "acknowledged the interest in a high-end model and wants to give players what they want right from the beginning of the generation."

Of course, it's hard to imagine what a 'Pro' version of the PlayStation 5 might look like, given that the base model's confirmed specs already indicate that it'll be a beast – at the PS5's announcement, Cerny revealed that it'll boast 8K TV support, an 8-core AMD chipset based on third generation Ryzen architecture, a GPU based on the Radeon Navi family, ray-tracing capability, an SSD storage system and backwards compatibility with PS4 games and PSVR hardware.

The PlayStation 5 is expected to launch sometime in 2020-2021.

I think that may be true as this model is pretty much the standard in most other consumer electronics e.g. phones, computer parts, televisions etc.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
399 for base

499 or 599 for Pro

Don't see an issue here :ehh: the already have technology to go 8k if they need to. They better not come with the PS5 pro pro down the line though. I'm a still rock with the base and if it fukks up later down the line I'll cop PS5 pro for cheaper.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whatever the best version is at launch, I’m copping :ehh: if the Pro comes out later, I’m copping