Rumor: WB/DC trying to eat off GotG success, thinking of doing a "Legion of Super-Heroes" movie

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
RUMOR: WARNER BROS. MULLING A LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES MOVIE

You can thank Guardians if this is true.

9 SEP 2014 BY JIM VEJVODA

Rumor has it that Warner Bros. is looking at which of DC's cosmic comics they can adapt to the big screen to capitalize on Marvel's stellar success with Guardians of the Galaxy, with the studio reportedly mulling a film version of Legion of Super-Heroes as their answer to it.

According to Latino-Review, "Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film.Is Legion Of Superheroes part of the unannounced nine upcoming DC films Warners is planning? Not sure."

The space superheroes first appeared in the 1950s in the pages of the Superman title Adventure Comics, but there have been several incarnations of the team over the ensuing decades.

Legion_of_Superheroes_1280c-720x540.jpg

The Legion of Super-Heroes was first rebooted in 1994 after the events of Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, followed by another retooling in 2004 from writer Mark Waid and yet again in 2007. The title was later relaunched as part of The New 52.

The team have appeared in animated form a few times, most notably in their own series on The CW that ran from 2006-2008. They also appeared in live-action form on Smallville.

If this rumor pans out and Warners moves ahead with a Legion of Super-Heroes film then the lineup of the movie's team would be a big question as there have been dozens of members throughout the years. The most recurring members in the different iterations have been Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Wildfire, Chameleon, and even Superboy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/09/rumor-warner-bros-mulling-a-legion-of-super-heroes-movie
"

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Looks like DC/WB want to burst the superhero bubble with the amount of shyt they want to put out
With marvel we are seeing the pinnacle of our childhood dreams translated to the screen. But I fear dc may usher in the fatigue and eventual rejection of current comic book dominance in Hollywood :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man, normally I would hate on this but if they put my boy Matter-Eater Lad in this, I'm there on opening night.

matter_eater_lad_2.jpg

tenzil0.jpeg

1323372-tenzil.jpg

400056-27104-matter-eater-lad.jpg

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
fukk THE LEGION. DO NEW GODS!

Man, normally I would hate on this but if they put my boy Matter-Eater Lad in this, I'm there on opening night.

matter_eater_lad_2.jpg

tenzil0.jpeg

1323372-tenzil.jpg

400056-27104-matter-eater-lad.jpg

fukkin lame. :mjlol:

I've only read 3 stories involving LOSH and I can't get into them.

Some of them are cool, bur most are :camby:

Bouncing Boy :mjlol:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I love how these websites try to turn everything into a Marvel vs DC story.
At the moment WB has feelers out for script development on everything from Suicide Squad to Metal Men yet this Legion stuff is solely to capitalize on the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.
It is such utter bullshyt and really makes me dislike my fellow nerds.