The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Better save those stimulus check brehs @Tenchi® Ryu™

Highlights:
-COVID-19 has affected promotional plans but not production capacity
- plans to make less ps5’s in first year vs ps4.
-software developers suggest price will be
499-549; Sony still struggling with pricing due to component shortage.
-COVID19 affected how they unveiled dualsense. Due to fear of large groups.
-no plans to delay launch, unless MSFT does.
-COVID19 could delay some next gen software.

Sony Plans Limited PlayStation 5 Output in First Year

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea honestly i have no reason to get a ps5 at launch outside of them canceling the ps4 version of last of us. But i dont think they could handle the backlash of that so im not worried.

By the time i get a ps5 it will probably be well into year 2 and i can stock up on some games at that time. The one good thing about this lockdown shyt is i can make a serious dent in my backlog.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Normally I’m launch day, but this one is looking shaky for me with launch titles. Even if I wanted Godfall it’s coming to PC too :francis:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Hold off until about year 2 and there should be a price drop and the hardware should be better with less issues as day 1s
You're not getting a price drop year 2 especially if they going to take a loss out the gate per console, which both companies are expected to do. Rona is going to further reck the economy so that will also push both companies to launch at a price point that is a loss unless they push into 2021.

I'm pre-ordering as soon as it goes up but as long as I can play Cyberpunk on the Pro I'm good with waiting.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
There won't be much price drops next generations (or they will be few and far between)

I don't think the specialized components used in the next set of consoles will be subject to economies of scale and might not get cheaper over a period of time.

Custom NVMe drives, 16 GBs of memory? and their respective low yield rates?