Roku Brehs Y'all See That New HBOGo Layout?

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I was :gladbron: til I tried to play one and saw that no videos work for me now :sadbron:

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
The layout looks so much better. Before it look like it was created in the early 2000's.

Can one of you brehs explain what Roku is and how it works?

It is a streaming player similar to the amazon fire tv and chromecast that you can connect to your tv. It let you add different streaming channels apps (youtube, hbo go, watch espn, netflix, amazon video, fox, fx, etc) so you can watch on your tv. It require you to have subscription services to watch amazon video and netflix and cable services to watch streaming channels like syfy, fxnow, bet, hbo, etc.

I heard amazon fire tv have more apps than roku. Also roku won't let you install apps that is not in there app store. For example roku won't let you install kodi which amazon fire stick will.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
The layout looks so much better. Before it look like it was created in the early 2000's.

It is a streaming player similar to the amazon fire tv and chromecast that you can connect to your tv. It let you add different streaming channels apps (youtube, hbo go, watch espn, netflix, amazon video, fox, fx, etc) so you can watch on your tv. It require you to have subscription services to watch amazon video and netflix and cable services to watch streaming channels like syfy, fxnow, bet, hbo, etc.

I heard amazon fire tv have more apps than roku. Also roku won't let you install apps that is not in there app store. For example roku won't let you install kodi which amazon fire stick will.
Do you have the Xtv private channel?

Its pretty damn dope for a free channel

XTV

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Can one of you brehs explain what Roku is and how it works?

Inferior Firestick.

And not even trynna hate. When I was first getting into the stream stick game years ago. I actually copped the Roku first...... and then after awhile. It became evident that it was kinda garbage and not even better than the Apple TV I already had.

I recently as of this year earlier got the FS and as pleasantly surprised how much more superior it is.

Martha

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I just looked and they also changed the layout of the Amazon video app. It now look usable like the HBO app. Amazon video had one of the worst app on the Roku.

Do you have the Xtv private channel?

Its pretty damn dope for a free channel

XTV

No I have to check it out.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Inferior Firestick.

And not even trynna hate. When I was first getting into the stream stick game years ago. I actually copped the Roku first...... and then after awhile. It became evident that it was kinda garbage and not even better than the Apple TV I already had.

I recently as of this year earlier got the FS and as pleasantly surprised how much more superior it is.

Martha

The only reason I went with Roku is because my charter spectrum tv app only works on the roku. Otherwise I would had went with the amazon fire tv

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'll peep it tonight.

The one thing that bugs me about HBOGO is unlike Netflix or hulu the app looks different depending on what device you are on. Roku(previously from what you say) and Samsung TV's looked like ass, but the app looks :noah: :banderas: on PS3/PS4

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yea this is clean and looks just like the Playstaiton versions. They need to update their smart TV versions now. Those look like they were created in 95