Rock's Preferred City Series (PCS): Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, or Syracuse?

Favorite NY city?

• Buffalo

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Albany

• Syracuse

• Neither

• Different NY city

• Total voters

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This group of cities is special to me, i love Upstate New York!

Each of these cities is special for me. It would be hard for me to pick just one. Syracuse is the smallest city in the group so I'd get rid of it just on that alone. I've had fun in all these cities, and each have drawbacks. Albany is the only one of the group that is growing though, so it may win by default even though I like the other cities too...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Speak on Rochester :feedme:
Rochester is dope and really influential around the state of New York. Healthcare, politics. Black New Yorkers I think have more of a gravitational pull to Rochester than Buffalo, which is interesting because Buffalo is a bigger city, but people don't really vibe with Buffalo like that...

Rochester looks like Buffalo but they have a different aura. In criminal culture Roc definitely has way more pull, they the only NYers that be everywhere, besides Borough cats. Roc nikkas run alot of the money avenues in NYS, they the most violent in terms of beef. But it's a special place because they have they own style, Syracuse cats are like little bro...

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Rochester is dope and really influential around the state of New York. Healthcare, politics. Black New Yorkers I think have more of a gravitational pull to Rochester than Buffalo, which is interesting because Buffalo is a bigger city, but people don't really vibe with Buffalo like that...

Rochester looks like Buffalo but they have a different aura. In criminal culture Roc definitely has way more pull, they the only NYers that be everywhere, besides Borough cats. Roc nikkas run alot of the money avenues in NYS, they the most violent in terms of beef. But it's a special place because they have they own style, Syracuse cats are like little bro...

Chili, Rochester..

:wow:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Is upstate New York more on a Midwest type of living more than the natural whole NYC, Philly type of east coast vibe of living
No, I hate when people say it is too...

The Hudson Valley area, or "Downstate", is basically an extension of Long Island with a little NYC and Connecticut thrown in there...

The Adirondacks region and Capital Region (greater Albany) are very New England-ish, think rural Vermont, Mass, Connecticut. The Albany area is more culturally connected to NE than it is to WNY...

Central New York and the Thousand Islands and Watertown areas have a light NE feel in parts, light WNY feel in others, but it's probably the most "New York" feeling place in the state. Syracuse is probably the most "New York" feeling city in the state, because even NYC has comparable feels to NE, Philly, Jersey, Boston. Among large NY cities, Syracuse is as NY as it gets...

The Southern Tier (Binghamton to Ithaca to Elmira) has shades of CNY and WNY but is really the parallel of Penna's Northern Tier. It's basically the same place, rural, mountainous, and it's really unique compared to most of the rest of the state. Southern Tier is basically Pennsylvania with shades of other parts of NY...

Western New York (Rochester and Buffalo areas) are the areas most comparable to the Midwest, they look like Cleveland and Northeast Ohio. But that part of Ohio was settled by New Englanders and New Yorkers šŸ¤£ so Cleveland is kinda unique, if you've ever been there it has kind of an East Coast vibe. WNY doesn't feel anything like Indiana or Kansas or Missouri, those real corn fed Midwest locations...

Buffalo has a little NYC to it too, a little Canada to it, but WNY in general is just a culture of its own. Kinda similar to Western Penna too (Pittsburgh), so Pittsburgh and Cleveland areas are similar...

But those real Midwest areas are entirely different vibes from anywhere in New York...

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought this shyt was about the real Rock. I was so confusedā€¦.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
This group of cities is special to me, i love Upstate New York!

Each of these cities is special for me. It would be hard for me to pick just one. Syracuse is the smallest city in the group so I'd get rid of it just on that alone. I've had fun in all these cities, and each have drawbacks. Albany is the only one of the group that is growing though, so it may win by default even though I like the other cities too...
Buffalo is Western NY. It's also a dope city.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm from the Roc and this is spot on homie!

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived in Rochester from 98 to 2005(middle school through 1st yr of college). Still have family, friends and connections.
It shaped some of my experiences and have good memories but I'm pretty certain I'm never coming back.