Rockets getting Slept on

Daps
I don't know why people think the Warriors will still be dangerous. They are a 5th seed maximum. I don't see Curry playing 82 games either. If you're betting on them being a top 4 seed and going deep in the playoffs then you're expecting Russell to become an All-NBA level player playing with Curry and while I think he's really good I don't see it.

In terms of the Rockets they have a punchers chance but I don't really see Westbrook maturing into the player he needs to be to take them to the next level. So the team to beat in the west is the Clippers really.

Reasonable take

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Backcourt is shotty defensively. They lost KD Livingston and iggy.

They have absolutely no depth, Draymond is declining and klay's timetable to return is around April - may. He isnt gonna come back the same. Curry carrying this team is the same reason they lost in 2016. He's gonna be carrying even harder this year while 3 years older and with wayyy more mileage on him.

Yall dont understand, if warriors compete again, it will be next season. They're gonna be so battered from everyone getting their shyt in from getting dirty dikked by the warriors dynasty that everyone will play them tough.

Itll be a miracle if they reach WCF
Livingston was washed last year. Our bench was trash. Alec Burks is better offensively than anyone we had last year off the bench.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Literally all you did was shyt on one player which his addition is debatable while the rest of the roster got better than the last two years.

Meanwhile golden state has done nothing but lose all the reasons they ever won a chip. a dynasty that scraped by their toughest matchups because of injury. Karma came back around and now they're vulnerable as fukk. Yeah I'm sure curry can carry them all the way back when he has noone to work with.
and somehow we manage to kick houston's ass even before KD.

remember that time in 2016 Houston got blown out in game 5 by GSW and steph didnt even play? that was crazy. i couldnt belive it. you guys shouldve won that. It's crazy how u guys werent able to get a win without steph playing

remember that time a few months ago u guys got sent home on your home court by a warriors bench that was seen as arguably the worst bench by a contending team? Crazy how that happened, huh? I mean, steph curry gave u guys a 2 quarter headstart :wow:

how was it that you guys couldnt close that one out? Or at least take it to a game 7. All those "shooters" you had and somehow James Harden was at the closest strip club within an hour after the game.

Injury or not, you guys will never see a chip. your team is run by a man with a low IQ who has never been to the NBA finals in his entire life (d'antoni). Shooting 3s and gaming the refs isnt how u beat top teams.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Livingston was washed last year. Our bench was trash. Alec Burks is better offensively than anyone we had last year off the bench.
all we need is draymond at 14-15 and 15-16 levels. either season will do

once again, we have offense. we need to figure out defense. kerr said it a few times. Our bench is objectively better

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you couldn’t have watch Houston in the postseason. The defense Utah played on Harden was because CP3 was a no threat on offense. Russ is still a one in one mismatch for matchups in the league. CP3 couldn’t even exploit a mismatch against bigs, let alone perimeter players.

Chris Paul's first year in Houston he ranked #2 in the league in isolation scoring. #1 was Harden.
Last year when he was hurt and playing like shyt he dropped all the way to NUMBER 40. From #2 to 40th in one season.

Westbrook was never ever close to top 40 in any year of his career. Houston is going to have to change their offense. But it won't matter - that team had CP3 guarding perimeter guys bigger than him and he held his own at most times.
Westbrook is one of the worst PG defenders and now he'll be teamed with Harden? They can't even play these 2 + EJ together vs any team with good wings (oops!).

They are about to get TORCHED.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
If Russ can finally accept that he can’t shoot for shyt...and commit to using his athleticism to be a slasher/facilitator...this team can be a nightmare for the rest of the league.

Daps
The only way it can work is if LeBron plays point guard full time. That way he can hide on defense a bit, use his high bbIQ to set up plays and passing, and save him for the post season

If he plays another position, you'll see the glaring weaknesses he currently has in his game
PG is the most demanding position with the direction the game has taken; there won't be any hiding for Bron if he's guarding PGs on the regular (which he probably won't be). And I mean, the only real "glaring weaknesses" he has in his game is through age and wear and tear, not anything fundamentally or skill-wise.

The last thing the Lakers want to do is have him initiating the offense on every possession and navigating through screens to stay on PGs.
I don't know why people think the Warriors will still be dangerous. They are a 5th seed maximum. I don't see Curry playing 82 games either. If you're betting on them being a top 4 seed and going deep in the playoffs then you're expecting Russell to become an All-NBA level player playing with Curry and while I think he's really good I don't see it.

In terms of the Rockets they have a punchers chance but I don't really see Westbrook maturing into the player he needs to be to take them to the next level. So the team to beat in the west is the Clippers really.
The Warriors won more games than every team in history over one season, two seasons, three seasons, four seasons and five season periods, off the back of Steph having arguably the most offensive impact and Draymond having arguably the most defensive impact we've witnessed - as long as those two are playing at a similar level, it's hard to see the Warriors dropping all the way off to where four teams in the West are winning at a greater rate.

In a regular season context, the departure of Durant will only be beneficial to their offense, as now it can go back to functioning completely around Steph, and not trying to force a fit with an ISO-based player which would often be in conflict with the nature of it. And although the loss of Klay puts a cap on their wins-ceiling, having Dlo as a replacement will layer their ball creation, player and ball movement (as we know, passing/creating aren't Klay's strongest attributes), which will only add another dimension to their offense. I wouldn't be surprised if it functions at a higher level than it has been over the last three seasons.

Not to mention, the addition of WCS is probably the best-fit 5 they've had in the Kerr era, and their bench is the strongest its been since 2016.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
PG is the most demanding position with the direction the game has taken; there won't be any hiding for Bron if he's guarding PGs on the regular (which he probably won't be). And I mean, the only real "glaring weaknesses" he has in his game is through age and wear and tear, not anything fundamentally or skill-wise.

The last thing the Lakers want to do is have him initiating the offense on every possession and navigating through screens to stay on PGs.

The Warriors won more games than every team in history over one season, two seasons, three seasons, four seasons and five season periods, off the back of Steph having arguably the most offensive impact and Draymond having arguably the most defensive impact we've witnessed - as long as those two are playing at a similar level, it's hard to see the Warriors dropping all the way off to where four teams in the West are winning at a greater rate.

In a regular season context, the departure of Durant will only be beneficial to their offense, as now it can go back to functioning completely around Steph, and not trying to force a fit with an ISO-based player which would often be in conflict with the nature of it. And although the loss of Klay puts a cap on their wins-ceiling, having Dlo as a replacement will layer their ball creation, player and ball movement (as we know, passing/creating aren't Klay's strongest attributes), which will only add another dimension to their offense. I wouldn't be surprised if it functions at a higher level than it has been over the last three seasons.

Not to mention, the addition of WCS is probably the best-fit 5 they've had in the Kerr era, and their bench is the strongest its been since 2016.
Absolutely.