Robert Townsend Needs To Be Back On Television

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Last week I read plenty of threads from "What Happened To Black Comedies?" to "Why There Are No Black Stars Today?" and etc... and my solution is that we need Robert Townsend to come back and produce regular black programing again. back in the 80's and 90s Robert and his crew had the game on lock with all of their fresh comedy and shows... if you can remember this from one of his shows then you see why I say he is needed again to help some young black stars today

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
With shows like that Bill Bellamy show and the show with Braxton from Jaime Foxx as president there is definitely still a place for him on someone's network.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Last week I read plenty of threads from "What Happened To Black Comedies?" to "Why There Are No Black Stars Today?" and etc... and my solution is that we need Robert Townsend to come back and produce regular black programing again. back in the 80's and 90s Robert and his crew had the game on lock with all of their fresh comedy and shows... if you can remember this from one of his shows then you see why I say he is needed again to help some young black stars today

The game on lock you say :patrice:

I loved the fukk out of his HBO Partners in crime series. And I have Hollywood Shuffle on my HDD and I watch it once a year still :manny: but his sitcoms? Those were sort of.. sort of :flabbynsick:
Its like he opened the door for DL Hughly or some shyt
HBO & Movies, yeah. TV shows, not so much imo :yeshrug:

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I did always like him. I didn't think he was super funny but that one movie was funny and I thought his tv show was wholesome/fun to watch. I'd like to see him back on tv.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
huge robert townsend fan.
hollywood shuffle, 5 heartbeats, baps, meteor man...