RIP MF DOOM

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yo I don't know if I'm alone on this but I miss Doom. It hurts we will never get new music either and I always wished I could have met him.

I don't care to meet celebrities much but he is one of my favorite MCs.

You're not alone on that.

Part of me is still wishing for another doom album. There are two rap songs that blew my mind when I heard them for the first time, the world is yours by nas and dead bent by doom.

I straight up played it 20 times in a row on my dell computer 25 years ago. That song just took me to a different place. Then I finally copped the cd to realize that the song right after it was just as piff. He was so consistent in delivering albums that were heat rocks

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo I don't know if I'm alone on this but I miss Doom. It hurts we will never get new music either and I always wished I could have met him.

I don't care to meet celebrities much but he is one of my favorite MCs.
You are not alone. He was on my short list of "If he had a show or meet and greet, do what it takes to see him." Its sick how often his music is on rotation for me. Going for a walk? Doom. Gym? Doom. Driving? Doom.

You're not alone on that.

Part of me is still wishing for another doom album. There are two rap songs that blew my mind when I heard them for the first time, the world is yours by nas and dead bent by doom.

I straight up played it 20 times in a row on my dell computer 25 years ago. That song just took me to a different place. Then I finally copped the cd to realize that the song right after it was just as piff. He was so consistent in delivering albums that were heat rocks
Same, though Gas Drawls and Red and Gold edged out on some "I've never heard no shyt like this before in my life" type of sound. I knew of DOOM for way longer than I actually listened to him...my tastes were punk rock and classical at the time. Started listening to swing and big band, which randomly lead to some other songs littered in his samples. Rap Snitch Knishes is the song that brought me in to truly listen to everything and its straight up unlike any other artist.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Hey I thought madlib said madvillainy 2 was complete. Not that madvillainy 2 but the other madvillainy 2. Anyways his catalogue is so good I can replay his albums again and again, but that would be the cherry on top. Hope his family is doing well.

PublicEnemy

Rookie
Daps
You are not alone. He was on my short list of "If he had a show or meet and greet, do what it takes to see him." Its sick how often his music is on rotation for me. Going for a walk? Doom. Gym? Doom. Driving? Doom.

Same, though Gas Drawls and Red and Gold edged out on some "I've never heard no shyt like this before in my life" type of sound. I knew of DOOM for way longer than I actually listened to him...my tastes were punk rock and classical at the time. Started listening to swing and big band, which randomly lead to some other songs littered in his samples. Rap Snitch Knishes is the song that brought me in to truly listen to everything and its straight up unlike any other artist.
Red and Gold was probably the first thing I ever heard from him. Really made me pause and look up who is this?!

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Red and Gold was probably the first thing I ever heard from him. Really made me pause and look up who is this?!
Yup. I am a sucker for the old school hip hop where it was all story telling. Think Ghetto Boys "Mind playing tricks on me" or Grandmaster Flash "The message" or even Slick Ricks "Children's Story." Hip hop moved in a bravado and braggadocio direction so the storytelling became fukking your bytch in gucci loafers or some nonsense.

DOOM, specifically Red and Gold, felt like some megalomaniacal story-telling fever dream. Definitely a repeat listen to get the scope of the song. To this day listening to old lyrics I occasionally pick up on something I did not initially get.

KingsOfKings

๐•„๐•’๐••๐•๐•š๐•“ ๐•š๐•ค ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐”พ๐• ๐•’๐•ฅ
Daps
Rest in peace doom