0ef95d750bd7c8e165ccf490b481a855.gif

One of the GOATs :mjcry:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
R.I.P. Man was crazy influential for the New Hollywood era. Took a solid minute to get into French New Wave and his films in particular, but his works with Anna Karina shined the most to me. Vivre Sa Vie!

I’m also legit shocked he lived as long as he did with all of that chain smoking. Dude was in his 90s and still pumping out movies. :wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:mjcry: Man this hits hard for the Criterion gang. Dude's work was so revolutionary and kicked off the French New Wave scene. Folks need to understand that this dude saved cinema from the happy go lucky shyt, to more weird gritty type of cinema (Tarantino was insured by most of his movies).

Damn assisted suicide :why:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
RIP to a legit GOAT of the craft

French Nu Wave films were the FIRST things to open my mind to non commercial fine art forreal :wow: everything from my taste in music/games/fashion opened up.

I used to think if something wasn't mainstream then it was underground, and that meant street shyt to me cuz mixtapes and bootleg stuff was the only other niche world i had been exposed to at the time just on some black experience in america type shyt

I was able to make it into entertainment on my own without any college but Jean Luc was one of the few things i immediately had in common with my coworkers cuz they ALL get taught that man's work in college film programs :whew: solidified in history

met one of my best friends in life almost 10 years ago out in London based on this mans shyt

when i first started dabbling in making beats i would just put one of his movies on to catch a vibe :mjcry:

if Blu doesn't use "Breathless" in Unitlted(LovedU)2 i mighta NEVER thought about working in the art field at all :mindblown:

I've got only 2-3 other artist who've made as much impact :ohlawd: just off of their work, opening some shyt in my brain and it actually working out into real life gains. He's one of em :salute:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
RIP to a legit GOAT of the craft

French Nu Wave films were the FIRST things to open my mind to non commercial fine art forreal :wow: everything from my taste in music/games/fashion opened up.

I used to think if something wasn't mainstream then it was underground, and that meant street shyt to me cuz mixtapes and bootleg stuff was the only other niche world i had been exposed to at the time just on some black experience in america type shyt

I was able to make it into entertainment on my own without any college but Jean Luc was one of the few things i immediately had in common with my coworkers cuz they ALL get taught that man's work in college film programs :whew: solidified in history

met one of my best friends in life almost 10 years ago out in London based on this mans shyt

when i first started dabbling in making beats i would just put one of his movies on to catch a vibe :mjcry:

if Blu doesn't use "Breathless" in Unitlted(LovedU)2 i mighta NEVER thought about working in the art field at all :mindblown:

I've got only 2-3 other artist who've made as much impact :ohlawd: just off of their work, opening some shyt in my brain and it actually working out into real life gains. He's one of em :salute:

Who's the other 2 artists?