radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago

Props to her
Rihanna will stop the music after all.

The “Work” singer reportedly turned down the NFL’s offer to headline the Super Bowl halftime show in support of Colin Kaepernick, who hasn’t found his way onto a roster since he kneeled on the sidelines during the National Anthem in protest of police brutality.

ADVERTISEMENT
“The NFL and Fox really wanted Rihanna to be next year’s performer in Atlanta,” a source told Us Weekly. “They offered it to her, but she said no because of the kneeling controversy. She doesn’t agree with the NFL’s stance.”

ny-1539901997-23so4yyfou-snap-image

Colin Kaepernick sued the NFL owners last year for colluding against him. (Steven Senne / AP)
In October 2017, Kaepernick filed a grievance against NFL owners, alleging that they had colluded to keep him out of the league for causing a stir.

Rumors circulated last year that Jay-Z had similarly turned down a halftime show and he seemingly confirmed the news in a recent song, “Apes—t.”

“I said no to the Super Bowl: you need me, I don't need you,” he raps in the song. “Every night we in the endzone, tell the NFL we in stadiums too."

Instead of Rihanna, Super Bowl LIII has reportedly landed Maroon 5 for the Feb. 4 game.

Reps for Rihanna and the NFL did not immediately return requests for comment.

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’ve never heard anyone say that she COULDN’T get it. :dwillhuh:

Dudes be sayin how nasty she is saying they wouldnt touch her with a 10 ft pole. Saying she prolly got that roast beef

Spence

Superstar
Daps
C Breezy lost :wow:

Honestly if I was Jay-z I would’ve gotten myself and Rihanna on board and then in the most public of ways turned them down, or go through with the performance but been on one knee THE ENTIRE TIME :troll:

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Dudes be sayin how nasty she is saying they wouldnt touch her with a 10 ft pole. Saying she prolly got that roast beef
I don’t usually say stuff like this, but.. if anyone believes that, they are just wrong. It’s not even a matter of opinion at this point. Rihanna’s fukkability is not a matter of debate