Right-wing radio host pulled off the air after attacks on Tim Walz’s son

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Right-wing radio host pulled off the air after attacks on Tim Walz’s son​

Sarah K. Burris

August 23, 2024 12:31PM ET

Right-wing radio host pulled off the air after attacks on Tim Walz’s son

Democratic vice presidential nominee Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz celebrates with his daughter Hope Walz (L), son Gus Walz (2nd-L) and wife Gwen Walz (R) after accepting the Democratic vice presidential nomination on stage during the third day of the Democratic National Convention at the United Center on August 21, 2024 in Chicago, Illinois. Delegates, politicians, and Democratic Party supporters are in Chicago for the convention, concluding with current Vice President Kamala Harris accepting her party's presidential nomination. The DNC takes place from August 19-22. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

I Heart Radio host Jay Weber was pulled off the air after his attack on Gov. Tim Walz's (D-MN) neurodivergent son, his website revealed on Friday. Ben Yount was filling in, the site says.

Critics pressured I Heart Radio to fire Weber after he made fun of the youngster's emotional response to his father's shoutout on the Democratic Convention stage on Wednesday night.

Healthcare advocate Kendall Brown posted the since-deleted tweet from Weber calling Gus Walz "a blubbering b---- boy" and saying it was "embarrassing for both father and son." In an X post, she tagged I Heart Radio and Wisconsin News Talk 1130, asking how their advertisers feel about the comments. The post had over 18,000 retweets and 69,000 likes.

Read Also: Racism, fascism and cruelty: Donald Trump’s New Hampshire performance in nine quotes

Weber deleted the tweet and posted what some criticized as a "non-apology," saying, "I didn't realize the kid was disabled, and have taken the post down. But, I've been challenging Walz on substance AND character ever since he was named as the VP candidate. He's a congenital liar who's destroyed Minn in a number of ways."

Weber then deleted the apology statement.

Right-wing firebrand Ann Coulter also attacked Walz's son, calling him "weird." She, too, deleted the comment but has faced backlash in the days that followed.

Right-wing streaming host and failed New Jersey Republican candidate Mike Crispi also attacked the "stupid crying son" he called a "puffy beta male."

The Nation's national affairs correspondent Jeet Heer wrote in a column Friday that the "vile" comments are part of the "continued war on the young."

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i never understood why children with disabilities infuriate people so much.... it's not like they are doing anything to anyone, but people still feel deeply angry because someone has a disability.... i just can't wrap my mind around that concept...
Most of the folks talking shyt about him didn't know there were any disabilities to consider. They saw a kid cry with joy and fukking went in like the horrible shyts they are. If they actually meant those things, they are terrible. If they were saying those things because they have to always root for their side, they are worse, because they know better and do shyt like this for a buck.

Trust that most of them cats jumped out the fukking window since most of us didn't know who Tim Walz was 3-4 weeks ago.

Daps
i never understood why children with disabilities infuriate people so much.... it's not like they are doing anything to anyone, but people still feel deeply angry because someone has a disability.... i just can't wrap my mind around that concept...
nazis think the disabled are signs of weakness.

nazi germany exterminated the disabled.

THE MURDER OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES​

The Nazis saw people with disabilities as an obstacle in their attempts to create an idealized "German race." In 1939, the Nazi regime began a systematic program to murder them.

The so-called Nazi Euthanasia Program targeted for murder Germans with mental and physical disabilities. It claimed the lives of an estimated 250,000 people.

Many Germans did not want to be reminded of individuals who did not measure up to their concept of a "master race" and were considered "unfit" or "handicapped." People with physical and mental disabilities were viewed as "useless" to society, a threat to Aryan genetic purity, and, ultimately, "unworthy of life." At the beginning of World War II, individuals with mental or physical disabilities were targeted for murder in what the Nazis called the "T-4," or "euthanasia," program.
The Euthanasia Program required the cooperation of many German doctors, who reviewed the medical files of patients in institutions to determine which individuals with disabilities should be killed. The doctors also supervised the actual killings. Doomed patients were transferred to six institutions in Germany and Austria, where they were killed in specially constructed gas chambers. Infants and small children with disabilities were also killed by injection with a deadly dose of drugs or by starvation. The bodies of the victims were burned in large ovens called crematoria.

Despite public protests in 1941, the Nazi leadership continued this program in secret throughout the war. About 200,000 people with disabilities were murdered between 1940 and 1945.

:francis: