• Cuff

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
FEATURE: Derrick "DJ" Townsel, The Professional Football Player Turned Yoga Teacher – AFROPUNK

FEATURE: Derrick "DJ" Townsel, The Professional Football Player Turned Yoga Teacher
by Robust

yesterday

Banner_1ea62f5e6314c15dd97ae3f94a757bf9_resized.jpg

Meet Derrick "DJ" Townsel, the "RastaYogi" who (with his amazing photos and videos) has become one of the most popular yoga practitioners on Instagram - inspiring many, particularly men and people of color, to take up yoga and embrace healthier lifestyles. Townsel, a former professional footballer who played for the Houston Texans, began yoga as a way to make stretching a part of his workout regimen and is now a yoga teacher helping others to improve their physical and spiritual balance. He tells us: "I chose yoga as a physical discipline to prevent injuries as an athlete then fell in love with the spiritual and mental benefits that it offers. I get to truly enjoy each moment, each day since I've begun practicing yoga. Not letting the past hinder me, not letting the future make me anxious. As an instructor, I can share a piece of this experience to everyone I encounter. Shining this light of peace, love, and unity within one's self and others to the world." See him in action below!

By Alexander Aplerku, AFROPUNK Contributor

1.jpeg

2.jpeg
3.jpeg
5.jpeg

9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
13.jpeg

DJ Townsel #RastaYogi ॐ (@dade2shelby) • Instagram photos and videos

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
He's cute... But not my type so I'll pass.