Revisiting: The Strangers (2008)

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Anyone else think this movie was pretty underated?

I thought it did a good job of building up the creepy atmosphere and claustrophobic feelings the characters would have experienced. Sure it had a few stupid horror clichés and tropes but overall was a pretty well made movie.

Thoughts?

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Great movie. Definitely one of my favorite recent horror flicks. Great tension, legitimate scares, and didn't bother to humanize its bad guys or even give them a motive to help you understand why they did what they did. Plus it has one of my favorite scares from any horror movie

this scene was legit fukkin scary! I love how they didnt go out of their way to telegraph the scare

more one of those "when you see it...."

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Great opening, lost steam on the way through. The initial scenes and build up should have been the template for the original Purge imo. This first act and Jeepers Creepers first act are two of the best openings to recent horrors imo but both were let downs as they went on...Jeepers Creepers fell all the way off, this one went from really good to just alright.

I'm Chillin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Never understood why they didn't stay in that bedroom behind the dresser away from the windows with that shotty until at least day light

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I thought they had something special until that stupid reveal at the end. Especially with their being a bit of void in the straight thriller/genre. Seemed like they were going to re-set the bar before the fukkery.