[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Lf9ZQK8t0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dr_m3w5kM[/ame]

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Now he's retired this kewn wants to say something.

sent from royalty via tapatalk

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
That has to be quite a moral dilemma to face once he realized they were specifically targeting urban neighborhood particularly blacks. On one hand you want to keep your job and feed your family but on the other its unfair treatment to people of your race and community. I don't know what I would have done in that situation but I would like to think I would do the right thing whether it be quitting and going into another field or doing my best to make the unfair practices known. Economics plays a big part in this as well because they knew if they targeted the wealthy neighborhoods the people would have the influence and money to put a stop to it. Another reason blacks in America should focus on building strong economic bases in their communities and support each other more exclusively.

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
51lILnrBZ3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Once in a great while a book comes along that changes the way we see the world and helps to fuel a nationwide social movement. The New Jim Crow is such a book. Praised by Harvard Law professor Lani Guinier as "brave and bold," this book directly challenges the notion that the election of Barack Obama signals a new era of colorblindness. With dazzling candor, legal scholar Michelle Alexander argues that "we have not ended racial caste in America; we have merely redesigned it." By targeting black men through the War on Drugs and decimating communities of color, the U.S. criminal justice system functions as a contemporary system of racial control—relegating millions to a permanent second-class status—even as it formally adheres to the principle of colorblindness. In the words of Benjamin Todd Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP, this book is a "call to action."

Called "stunning" by Pulitzer Prize–winning historian David Levering Lewis, "invaluable" by the Daily Kos, "explosive" by Kirkus, and "profoundly necessary" by the Miami Herald, this updated and revised paperback edition of The New Jim Crow, now with a foreword by Cornel West, is a must-read for all people of conscience.

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That has to be quite a moral dilemma to face once he realized they were specifically targeting urban neighborhood particularly blacks. On one hand you want to keep your job and feed your family but on the other its unfair treatment to people of your race and community. I don't know what I would have done in that situation but I would like to think I would do the right thing whether it be quitting and going into another field or doing my best to make the unfair practices known. Economics plays a big part in this as well because they knew if they targeted the wealthy neighborhoods the people would have the influence and money to put a stop to it. Another reason blacks in America should focus on building strong economic bases in their communities and support each other more exclusively.

Good post.