Resistance bands vs free weights

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I came in here to shyt on this and after a minute I started to post my original thoughts. I thought he was gonna say shyt that he didn’t say. Like get rid of weights.

Based on the things he said I agree with him 100%. Good vid op.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Could get through all of it but he did mention or hint at using multiple things. You can’t not agree with that. My only other thoughts:

Ultimately it depends on the individual but I think the value of free weights being your initial base is the ability to track progress. It’s kind of like tracking calories do you have to do it forever? No but having that initial base is critical for any fitness plan IMO.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Could get through all of it but he did mention or hint at using multiple things. You can’t not agree with that. My only other thoughts:

Ultimately it depends on the individual but I think the value of free weights being your initial base is the ability to track progress. It’s kind of like tracking calories do you have to do it forever? No but having that initial base is critical for any fitness plan IMO.

I wonder if he started only with bands or did he build his base with free weights.

Last edited:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I have a Bodylastics set of bands; they're pretty good. I also picked up this band strength training program called the X3 Bar. I had seen ads on Facebook and IG, and at first I was very skeptical, especially at the price point. I had hurt my shoulder using my Powerblock dumbbells, and hadn't touched them in a while. So on a whim I said "screw it", and sold the Powerblocks on Craigslist. With that money I bought the X3. I've been pleasantly surprised. The creator claims that you won't need a gym membership after purchasing it, and some other customers have said that they've given up their gym memberships. But I use mine along with going to the gym.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've started incorporating bands in alot of stuff I do, particularly shoulder capsule work because I had a shoulder injury and I wanted to focus on the stability of the joint.

The definitely are a very effective tool if you know how to incorporate them.

WRT the video, the biggest thing I think he touches on that I agree with is time under tension and tension through the full range of motion.