Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
inb4whocaresaboutloadtimes

but also

inb4whocaresaboutslightlybetterframes

Series X handles ray tracing better but we know @J.V Koba wasn't gonna write that headline:mjgrin:

That is impressive tho looks like they were able to work that shyt:ehh: I haven't played a current gen RE Engine game but MH:Rise on Switch set a whole new performance standard for that platform. Can't wait to see that engine running Monster Hunter World 2 :banderas: These multi-plat comparisons have been interesting though. It seems like there's pretty good parity between the two but different developers and games are able to get a little extra juice out of one or the other.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Series X handles ray tracing better but we know @J.V Koba wasn't gonna write that headline:mjgrin:

That is impressive tho looks like they were able to work that shyt:ehh: I haven't played a current gen RE Engine game but MH:Rise on Switch set a whole new performance standard for that platform. Can't wait to see that engine running Monster Hunter World 2 :banderas: These multi-plat comparisons have been interesting though. It seems like there's pretty good parity between the two but different developers and games are able to get a little extra juice out of one or the other.
The game is extremely similar performance wise on both consoles apart for the huge load times difference which is the biggest difference between them. If you wanna talk about some minimal RT that the average gamer won’t notice then by all means go ahead.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The game is extremely similar performance wise on both consoles apart for the huge load times difference which is the biggest difference between them. If you wanna talk about some minimal RT that the average gamer won’t notice then by all means go ahead.

And ps5 version supports dual sense and 3d audio, for a game like this 3d audio is key

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I called this since last year. The differences were going to be minimal. Hell, I got this on PC and with RT on/off it's hard to spot the differences unless I look for it and even then I have to look for a second until I notice I can see reflections.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I'm not the "average gamer" and I do notice, just like they did :unimpressed: It's not even a big deal but if you're going to truly talk performance don't put on your Stan pants and try to downplay something Xbox had a clear advantage in:umad:

Like I said, it's been interesting to see these little nuances between multiplats and where developers can push performance both platforms, and Capcom did a great job taking advantage of the PS5 SSD and their storage API's as explained in the vid

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Would you rather have faster loading of weaker graphics at lower frame rates and resolution? Then victory for you. I don't know what I'm do with that extra 7 seconds. I wonder if rdna2 will factor in the future, what's your take on that

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would you rather have faster loading of weaker graphics at lower frame rates and resolution? Then victory for you. I don't know what I'm do with that extra 7 seconds. I wonder if rdna2 will factor in the future, what's your take on that
There’s no weaker graphics on either. Game looks similar on both consoles with the loading times on PS5 being the biggest advantage :umad:

Daps

And ps5 version supports dual sense and 3d audio, for a game like this 3d audio is key
Graphically the game is identical on both systems. RT is the same. The only difference is the XSX framerate is a couple frames higher (2-5 fps who is going to notice?) during the scenes that cause frame drops. Both run RT at 60fps. The haptics and 3D audio have completely immersed me in the game.