Rep This: Thank you for the Black & People Supporting Black Civil Rights Leaders!

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Rep This: Thank you for the Black & Supporting Black Civil Rights Leaders! Yall do a thankful job!

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused about the point of this thread and I'm comfortable with two posters in a row not having avis :scust:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
smh. So we finna expect "equality" in the school system during a time when cacs didn't want you to share water with them?
I don't understand the pleasure or ego stroke you nikkas get with portraying the efforts of the Civil Rights leaders in a way so to shy on them
I'm confused about the point of this thread and I'm comfortable with two posters in a row not having avis :scust:
Majority of posters in this thread with no avis :jawalrus: get on the wave breh

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
smh. So we finna expect "equality" in the school system during a time when cacs didn't want you to share water with them?
I don't understand the pleasure or ego stroke you nikkas get with portraying the efforts of the Civil Rights leaders in a way so to shy on them

Majority of posters in this thread with no avis :jawalrus: get on the wave breh

imma repost this again...

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/20617948/

imma go with the elder on this one :wow:

John Henrik Clarke was a grown man before ww2

he saw black society before and after social integration

"...in the Civil Rights Movement we reached for the wrong things. We thought the thing to be is to be like them, when we had a higher standard of morality than them. Why be like them? Why not set an example and let them be like you? We wanted to be close to them. We wanted our children to sit next to them and soak up education through osmosis and our children got cut to pieces. Many of our children could run rings around them educationally. Then why did they go to these white schools and got dumbed up and confused? We should have given our children strength and confidence when they went to school..."

"I must make a deeper assessment of the civil rights movement, when we began to dismantle the institutions in the black community and run toward everything white. When we got into the the NAACP syndrome, in that bag of worms called integration, that we should have never asked for. Had we asked for desegregation and justice we could integrate on our own terms or not integrate at all. You do not integrate institutions that hold you together culturally and spiritually. You can welcome them into your institutions but you do not change the rules to suit them."

"Let's go back and look at that period when the civil rights movement began to lose it's steam. When those who intended to control it began to get their acts together and systematically buy it off or destroy it. The high cerimonial point was the march on Washington. A picnic on the grass, a publicity, media miracle that achieved absolutely nothing...You got the illusion that we were moving foreward but we were conceding something...when Kennedy could not control the march, he integrated it"

"...We kept asking for change but all some people wanted was entry in their master's house"

"We have to stop crying for other people's acceptance and...accept our selves and build ourselves and strengthen ourselves, the question is not whether they will accept us but whether we will accept them and on what terms."

"No one should call for black power unless someone has made up their minds on what you are going to do with it once you get it, beyond the slogan...We became a sloganizing people that subsituted slogans for action. We shouted "black is beautiful"...the world is not ruled by beauty or blackness. The world is ruled by power."

"the passive resistance of the civil rights movement was sold as a way of life. A strategy is never a way of life. A strategy is something you use, the same as you use an orange, when the juice is gone you through it in the garbage can."

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I'm not arguing whether Black folks are superior, I just want history to be presented accurately within proper context

Civil rights movement had only one goal, to gain Civil Rights for Black folks
To suggest that they "should've" asked for equality in schools instead, while not being able to drink water, gain employment, or receive earned government benefits because it was acceptable to openly discriminate against Black folks, is very irresponsible of you

You're acting like certain options were readily available, but it was the White folk loving Civil Rights leaders that had their own agenda, which neglected the desire for school equality