Remember when your friend would have a different console and he would talk you into getting it?

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
So I was just thinking back to the old days of gaming and how there were even fanboys back then. I remember dudes would come over and play my SNES. They would all have Sega Genesis for whatever reason. They would gas up the games like Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, and Mortal Kombat 1 (with the blood code). The system had its bangers but it was clear even then it couldn't compete with the GOAT gaming system. Here I was owning the superior console and didn't even know it. So I finally get the system and to my dismay its not hitting like the SNES. Didn't have Turtles in Time, Killer Instinct, Super Punchout, Super Double Dragon, Contra 3 Alien Wars etc. I believe dudes were low key jealous and just wanted to feel like they had the best system at the time.

Same thing happened in middle school when I had a PSX and all my friends had N64. Dudes swore the system had that heat, but in reality the system didn't have many games. After Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda OoT, and WCW/NWO Revenge the games are not really all that. Again they didn't have that heat like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Twisted Metal, Tekken etc.

Then the last time I got talked into some bullshyt was the Sega Dreamcast. My homeboy had it hyped it and I bought into it. Not even knowing that the #2 system of all time the PS2 was just right around the corner to crush the buildings. Here I was not even 2 years of having this system and I couldn't even go rent games at Blockbuster anymore because they knew Sega was about to fold.

*Memories*

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
cant relate, ! never l!stened to a damn th!ng my fr!ends sa!d, was bout that n!ntendo l!fe..... :smugfavre:

Rufus Dufus

All Star
Daps
I had a couple of friends with an Atari Jaguar and Sega CD

I was never dumb enough to buy them. lol

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
I cant relate. My best friend the SNES and I had the Genesis and we used to trade systems all the time. I always felt the Sega was better though