Remember when you would buy a game based of the cover art

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
In the 80's early to mid 90s, toy's r us used to have the cover and back of the game about the size of a pamphlet in the game section ...no youtube trailers/game play vids to see if it was a good game, just a damn cover and back

Underneath it was a ticket and you took that to the register and they'd bring you your game.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Then worship the back of the box , and reading the booklet until you got home :ohhh:

:smugfavre:
76752-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-eur-full.png

:wow:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
In the 80's early to mid 90s, toy's r us used to have the cover and back of the game about the size of a pamphlet in the game section ...no youtube trailers/game play vids to see if it was a good game, just a damn cover and back

Underneath it was a ticket and you took that to the register and they'd bring you your game.

Same with No Limit Albums.

Master P with them dope ass covers from his artists but when you go home and listen to the album, it's all :stopitslime:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
didn't they have the booklet for block buster rentals too? Or for my fellow Canadian brehs Rogers Video?

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Thread just made me realize most games don't have commercials for them anymore
That’s true :francis:
Unless it’s like Red Dead or GTA

I remember when I use to see new MK games on TV:mjcry: I didn’t have internet so I found out when they dropped