Remember when New York produced bangers like this? The vibe is just not there anymore. :sadcam:

Daps

this was the type of song that effortlessly put people on the dance floor. this was white tee, crispy wheat timbs straight out the box, tinted gs400 era music.

i was a freshman when this dropped :flabbynsick: and i remember classmates from new york going crazy whenever this shyt would come on.

the city used to be something unique, setting a standard that everyone took cues from. now, it’s completely abandoned its originality, trading its uniqueness for the faded hand me downs of the south.

:francis:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Every time I hear that song, I can only think about how Steely Dan hoed them completely out of their royalties.

Apparently, Diddy wanted to use the sample first. But Tariq and Peter beat him to the punch when they put it out as an underground song.

When it blew up, they didn’t get the sample clearance, allegedly saying in the studio “who’s Steely Dan? We’re making these guys famous.” :francis:

Well because Steely Dan lost out on the money Diddy was gonna pay them to sample their song, so they took full writing credits for this version, and Tariq and Peter didn’t receive a dime.