Remember when Juve killed Jay z on HA remix?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
One of the most embarrassing Jay verses I've ever heard. I was both a big Jay and Cash Money fan at this point, and really hyped about a Jay feature on 400 Degreez, but woooooow was it bad. Think I only listened to that song once when it originally came out, and two more times 15 years later just to see if it was as bad as I remembered.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Yall know most of the uber rich ass nikkas probably got hundreds of millions off shore that nobody knows about due to drug sales back in the day.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Only wack thing about that was braaatt braaat braaat, that's not Jay.

It's Juve's "wack" rhyming that that just makes it sound different. Jay flipped it and asked rhetorical questions and said what the consequence was of it.

How is
Juve and Jigga, ha
Mannie fresh a fool, ha
my album going plat, ha
you bought it, ha
tellem ain nothing fake, ha

So much better. The dope thing about that song is the concept of just asking rethorical questions and the beat.

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
I laugh at this verse every time I hear it. I laugh at Tupac's verse on thug love too. Sometimes the chemistry between the artist's just isn't there.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Only wack thing about that was braaatt braaat braaat, that's not Jay.

It's Juve's "wack" rhyming that that just makes it sound different. Jay flipped it and asked rhetorical questions and said what the consequence was of it.

How is
Juve and Jigga, ha
Mannie fresh a fool, ha
my album going plat, ha
you bought it, ha
tellem ain nothing fake, ha

So much better. The dope thing about that song is the concept of just asking rethorical questions and the beat.

Hov sounds awkward on it. HA was always about the flow and beat. I'm not expecting to find the meaning of life and consequences on that shyt.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Southern nikkas stay lighting Jay ass up on tracks, Juve then Bun B and Pimp C on Big Pimpin

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Hov sounds awkward on it. HA was always about the flow and beat. I'm not expecting to find the meaning of life and consequences on that shyt.
I don't think Hov cares about what you or anyone else expects, I hope no musician does :yeshrug:

I think he sounds different.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I swear I read the story way back when about it being Universal (since they owned Def Jam) pushing for the Jay feature and CMR didn't want Jay on the track (as they rarely did any guest features other than Hot Boys/Big Tymers)

Tried seeing if I could find it online right now but nothing other than this long interview with Complex/Juve where Juvie says that Jay recorded it on his own and sent it to Universal, who then sent it to CMR.

So probably a mixture of both causing the awkwardness on the track.