Remember when activists and educators use to speak for our community?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kudos to reelblack for uploading this entire program

panels like this now consists of Killer Mike, T.I., and Candace Owens...I don't care what any of those people have to say about race

A) How did we get here?

B) How do we get back to this?

killer mike is ok..but TI :camby:

this is what happens when cac media owners push that trap/gang lifestyle on black peoples. They are the ones speaking and representing us instead of scholars

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
the scholars worth a salt won't get the air time and if they do it's usually someone like Cornel West.

this is what happens when cac media owners push that trap/gang lifestyle on black peoples. They are the ones speaking and representing us instead of scholars

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

:patrice:I feel you but Killer mike is still a rapper though, I know of his activism and entrepreneurship - but the men on this stage devoted their lives to activism and being scholars; that's it.

If we're serious about the issues facing our community, shouldn't we have spokespersons and representatives who are serious as well?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Kudos to reelblack for uploading this entire program

panels like this now consists of Killer Mike, T.I., and Candace Owens...I don't care what any of those people have to say about race

A) How did we get here?

B) How do we get back to this?

according to yvette carnell, it happened when black celebrity was used to pacify us while the racial wealth gap was widening. that would probably be the 90s when the dotcom thing heated up and blue collar wages stagnated.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Rappers need to be cosigning the real intellectuals who give the rappers the right data to say and responses to the most basic questions. The rapper should the defer to the intellectual. The rapper trying to take the glory is just foolish.