Remember that Kendrick Lamar/Frank Ocean collab snippit? well, the song is out..

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
AND NEITHER ONE OF THEM IS ON IT :beli: shyt wuz a reference track all along

I guess it shoulda been obvious since Kendrick kept calling himself Mann in the snippit :beli:

"goddamn I'm the fukkin Man, She said fukk her man, now she fukk with Mann"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBIp-XkixF0"]Mann - Bend Ya Ft Shawn Chrys & Jah-Free [DOWNLOAD] FreshMann On Varsity - YouTube[/ame]

its still a hot song in all honesty. Just wish it was Frankie and Kendricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Wait what's a reference track? Rappers have to be taught how to spit a verse :wtf:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Wait what's a reference track? Rappers have to be taught how to spit a verse :wtf:

that's exactly it.

its disgusting...

this is usually done with R&B songs, but lately a lot of rap references been leaking. All the Dr Dre Detox joints, J. Cole rapping as P-Diddy on I'm Coming Home, etc.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
A lot of ghost written songs will have reference tracks so the artist who bought the verse knows how it was 'written' in their head before they took pen to paper.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
quicker than pre cum, 'wont chu give her a rea-son to not meet..UP with me like a ve-gan

pshhh, goddamn I'm the fukkin man, she said fukk her man, now she fukk with mann

:wow:

I swear Kendrick's delivery will make the wackest lines sound dope. the way he spit it is cold as a muhthafukka!

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
Mann just clarified it with me. Frank did the song and Kendrick was the OG version

https://twitter.com/MANN/status/212660022042304512

motherfxcker clearly lying as far as Kendrick's role there -- K.Dot was undeniably rapping in character as "Mann"

and as far as Frank Ocean, yea, I could imagine them wanting to actually keep his vocals and clear his appearance -- since he's a bigger draw & better singer than whoever re-sang it.
But realistically, I seriously doubt Frank ever intended to endorse this song with his actual name & brand, as so far he's intentionally not appeared on anybody's shyt besides his boys OddFuture & Watch The Throne. -- why would he make his first exception with these generic ass dudes??? nah, he ghostwrote it for em just like every other songs he's sold off...

Mann is just trying to save face.

This woulda been a jam though, -- beat is dope & so is the melody.