Remember Kangaroo jack and that lying ass trailer?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Never saw it but I heard about how wildly misleading the trailer was

Lowkey there's been some pretty disingenuous movie trailers thru the years; the last one that was like :francis: was probably The Northman, I liked it but I can see how people were expecting a really different film from the trailer

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Never saw it but I heard about how wildly misleading the trailer was

Lowkey there's been some pretty disingenuous movie trailers thru the years; the last one that was like :francis: was probably The Northman, I liked it but I can see how people were expecting a really different film from the trailer
I feel like it was more common in the days before social media. Nowadays the word gets out pretty quickly so the jig is up.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Movie called snow dogs did the same exact thing. I think kangaroo jack was actually inspired by it
Yeah it was actually originally an R-Rated movie but the test audiences gave it the the :camby: and the two scenes with the kangaroo when he kicks them and runs off and when they get the money back at the end were literally the only things they actually liked. So Jeremy Bruckheimer saw how Snowdog duped audiences and made the studio edit the movie down to a PG rating (but it still had mad shyt that definitely wasn't for kids), add some CGI Kangaroo scenes that were pure filler, did the whole hallucination sequence so they could build the trailers around it, and renamed it from Down & Under to Kangaroo Jack.

TOTAL swindle.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
:mjlol: i can imagine the kids mad asf or confused that went to see that bullshyt... i thought it was a comedy movie...
It was still a comedy (a bad one, but still), just a completely different genre than advertised. It was some wannabe Guy Ritchie shyt

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Man I remember when movies showed scenes in the trailer that wasn’t in the movie
They still do that shyt till this day.

Suicide Squad used the Joker all over trailers and his role is all over the cutting room floor.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 had stuff in the trailers that wasn't in the film. "Isn't that the question of the day?" comes to mind immediately.

Morbius did it too.
And those are just off the top of my head. Here's a video I found that shows how blatant it is!