Remember back when consoles got price drops?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
6 years in the Nintendo Switch is still $299 in the US. Just like their games seems like that price is locked in. Back in the day gamers would constantly talk about console price drops. The Switch seems like it's never going to get one. In 6 years they have to have lowered the cost of making this thing. So much for passing some savings onto the consumer.

I'm thinking for consoles in general (outside of the Series S that nobody really wants) price drops are a thing of the past from an era where we actually had real competition in the space.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
6 years in the Nintendo Switch is still $299 in the US. Just like their games seems like that price is locked in. Back in the day gamers would constantly talk about console price drops. The Switch seems like it's never going to get one. In 6 years they have to have lowered the cost of making this thing. So much for passing some savings onto the consumer.

I'm thinking for consoles in general (outside of the Series S that nobody really wants) price drops are a thing of the past from an era where we actually had real competition in the space.
How often does a console maker drop the price for "passing savings" vs selling more units? The switch is still selling well enough to not the price, and i dont know if they will any time soon.