Gotta look out for yourself before you can look out for anyone else

Within reason though

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
1. WTF I've had this album on repeat (okay, more so It's Too Late) for the last week!

2. I really want to say it's better to focus on yourself and get with someone you sweep up along the way.... and only people who don't stop or slow down your forward momentum......

but I feel wrong in saying it. It seems like that "Struggle together from nothing to something" thing is just romanticism now.

I still believe in it though.

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ambitious people are never satisfied...

there is a difference between wanting to have a good life, and wanting to have the best life

america has fooled people into thinking every one has an equal opportunity to achieve the "best life" which is a lie, and why the term "ambitious" has a negative connotation to it, because its always associated with materialistic accomplishments.

people who do what they have to do to survive have more appreciation for the little things in life, and are able to establish more bonds with genuinity instead of opportunity.

I have more respect for blue collar folks than the bow down to me ass people in society

same reason why in relationships a strong 7.5 thats loyal, and worries about holding down a home>>>> a 9 with a masters degree, and a sense of entitlement just because she "got her own"

same goes for men.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
ambitious people are never satisfied...

there is a difference between wanting to have a good life, and wanting to have the best life

america has fooled people into thinking every one has an equal opportunity to achieve the "best life" which is a lie, and why the term "ambitious" has a negative connotation to it, because its always associated with materialistic accomplishments.

people who do what they have to do to survive have more appreciation for the little things in life, and are able to establish more bonds with genuinity instead of opportunity.

I have more respect for blue collar folks than the bow down to me ass people in society

same reason why in relationships a strong 7.5 thats loyal, and worries about holding down a home>>>> a 9 with a masters degree, and a sense of entitlement just because she "got her own"

same goes for men.
I agree. Like everything it has to be a balance.

I think the article needlessly went to extremes. There are places all over the country with a small community feel but big city industry. What good is a big city when everyone is so wound up and isolated they can't interact beyond a superficial level... and what good is a small community where everyone is damn near broke. Mfers gotta eat but they also have to be social

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
as soon as i read the title of the article i laughed and thought "a statement that stupid could only come from the brain of a woman" and i scroll down and see the author's name, bingo. then didnt read the article.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
as soon as i read the title of the article i laughed and thought "a statement that stupid could only come from the brain of a woman" and i scroll down and see the author's name, bingo. then didnt read the article.

B-b-b-but the idea of the article was birthed by a man...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-Way-Ruthie-Leming/dp/1619696274]The Little Way of Ruthie Leming: A Southern Girl, a Small Town, and the Secret of a Good Life: Rod Dreher, Author: 9781619696273: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]