Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Have Some Sort Of Timed PlayStation Exclusivity

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-will-have-some-sort-of-timed-play-1826536689

One of the video game industry’s most grating trends is timed exclusivity, when a console manufacturer like Sony or Microsoft pays a publisher money in order to deprive content from other platforms for a certain timeframe. It looks like Red Dead Redemption 2 will be following suit.

Today, developer Rockstar announced a bunch of bundles and pre-order bonuses for the much-anticipated Western game, and buried amongst all the stuff about outfits and GTA Online cash on the PlayStation Store is this line:

PlayStation® Exclusive: Play select content first on PlayStation®4. Details to follow.

We don’t know the scale of “select content”—could be hats, could be a full expansion—but if it’s anything like Sony’s arrangement with Destiny, it will be a pain for Xbox players. The company behind the PlayStation 4 paid Activision to keep guns, maps, and even full strikes away from Xbox players for years, then did the same for Destiny 2 and several Call of Dutygames. Microsoft has pulled its own “timed exclusivity” nonsense for Dragon Age: Inquisition as well as other big multi-platform games—also including Call of Duty—over the past decade.

Now, it appears that Red Dead Redemption is following that same trend. Rockstar didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@DPresidential
But I thought all playstanleys were all lonely playing overrated single player games? :mjgrin:

We eating on the MP side too. :umad: :win:

Y'all nikkas ain't lonely. And your single player games aren't overrated.

I've probably said that y'all choose to spend your time playing against NPCs instead of running with a squad to dump on nikkas.

Y'all aren't lonely... Y'all are more like hermits, it's a choice.:mjlol:

And I'd never say those games are overrated; I said I could never see myself opting to play better versions of tomb raider every day when I could be in a squad, joking and talking on some fukkery shyt and doing some group competitive shyt.

This was a weird mention for me, Crunch.:skip: