Recommend Some Headphones

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Only requirement is that the phones need to have great noise cancelling ability. I have horrible migraines affecting me for at least 14 hours of the day and the birds chirping and trees getting chopped in my neighborhood affect me greatly.

If the noise cancelling can be on without the headphone being drained that'd be great.

Budget: $500

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony 1000 XM3s @Monsanto

Best noise canceling in the biz. I travel and fly 80% of the year and these shyts are great. Battery life is superb. Charges with USB C. App is great for fine tuning as well. The microphone is excellent and I use it on conference calls in my Team Meetings all the time.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Sony 1000 XM3s @Monsanto

Best noise canceling in the biz. I travel and fly 80% of the year and these shyts are great. Battery life is superb. Charges with USB C. App is great for fine tuning as well. The microphone is excellent and I use it on conference calls in my Team Meetings all the time.

Thanks. I ordered both and they should arrive Tuesday. Eyes and head weren't set to do comparisons so I'll find out and ship the runner up back to Amazon.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Thanks. I ordered both and they should arrive Tuesday. Eyes and head weren't set to do comparisons so I'll find out and ship the runner up back to Amazon.
Don't know about the Bose but I own the Sony's and they are by far the best headphones I've ever had. You won't be disappointed.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Don't know about the Bose but I own the Sony's and they are by far the best headphones I've ever had. You won't be disappointed.

I look forward to getting them. Amazon updated the shipping target, apparently tomorrow is the day for both.

Does the sound of the music drastically change if the ANC is off/on?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Ive owned the sony xm3 well over a year. Its a fantastic noise cancelling headphone. My only problem with them is that the earcups would feel a bit too warm when paired to bluetooth. Anyways, i dont even use it for noise canceling or wireless. I use it old school and i still love it.

Never tried a bose but hear great things especially the newest one.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I look forward to getting them. Amazon updated the shipping target, apparently tomorrow is the day for both.

Does the sound of the music drastically change if the ANC is off/on?

Good question breh, I wouldn't say drastically but of course, with the ANC off, expect hear background noise as intended.

But when the ANC is on... :wow:

I never had ANC headphones prior to the Sony's so for a pair of Bluetooth headphones to sound this good, I was/am very impressed.

I'd like to hear your feedback on the Bose though.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'll drop a full review by the end of the week but some takeaway thoughts:

Bose bass is unacceptable at this price. The songs I've sampled expecting that bass to hit and being disappointed are too many. It works well with sub bass for some reason. The Bose app is terrible.

I wasn't even sure if the noise cancellation was working, most of the time I was using it.

Most comfortable headphone I've ever worn.

Sony XM3:

Standard Sony sound with bass that hits and more if needed. Cancels out sound well enough. Not as comfortable as the Bose.

With the Sony they definitely deliver and their EQ settings are better than Bose, you won't have to go into the individual apps to adjust the sound like you would with Bose. That's how lacking the Bose EQ is.

I have a note 9 so I am able to play music on multiple devices at once and in most songs with one earcup of each headphone on each ear, the Sony has cleaned up the Bose.

I'm finding that with 10 levels of NC on the Bose, certain levels are better at handling music, for me 4 is the best; that represents the most clear and separate sounding of the track.