Recommend new foreign foods to try in NYC, brehs? (Falafel/Gyro/Shawarma getting old)

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
Name some foreign food that's :ohlawd: in NYC... any Nation, any Ethnicity, I'm feeling adventurous and NYC has it all

Falafels, Gyros and Shawarma used to be strange new things to me, now they're like a slice of pizza. I need some new piff.

I've found Halal foods are pretty goddamn fantastic. But they've gotten Old.

Maybe I should try some Kosher eats next?

Definitely need to know a good first dish to try for Indian food. I know it's crazy I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm very eager to.

There's this place called the Japadog in the East Village, gonna try that soon:
rYqjAy4.jpg

I live in Crown Heights so I've tried most of the West Indian cuisine. But if you know of an exceptional place that *MUST* be tried, go ahead and list it.

ridge

Daps
vietnamese food bruh

and not pho

get bun (vermicelli rice noodles) with chicken, beef, springrolls and salad all in one big bowl

add the sriracha and hoisin :lawd:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Mangy with salami queso Frito n yuca from any Spanish restaurant..breakfast hours :ahh:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Name some foreign food that's :ohlawd: in NYC... any Nation, any Ethnicity, I'm feeling adventurous and NYC has it all

Falafels, Gyros and Shawarma used to be strange new things to me, now they're like a slice of pizza. I need some new piff.

I've found Halal foods are pretty goddamn fantastic. But they've gotten Old.

Maybe I should try some Kosher eats next?

Definitely need to know a good first dish to try for Indian food. I know it's crazy I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm very eager to.

There's this place called the Japadog in the East Village, gonna try that soon:
rYqjAy4.jpg

I live in Crown Heights so I've tried most of the West Indian cuisine. But if you know of an exceptional place that *MUST* be tried, go ahead and list it.

:huhldup:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Not necessarily a food you can categorize as strange but burritos are pretty fukking PIFF.

Find a joint in your area that makes the fresh hand made burritos (not to be confused with Taco Bell) and you're good.

You should fukk with Chipotle restaurant they make some pretty quality burritos and they make taco bowls and they're a North American franchise so I'm sure you can find one in NY.
Chipotle Mexican Grill: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you feeling ethnic, and looking for something adventurous...

Madiba. Its South African cuisine. NYC's only South African restaurant.

Madiba-broerewors-590x393.jpg

RackMultipart20121120-10990-c31acf.jpg

^^This 2nd pic is a an appetizer. Raw ostrich, with a tangy curry sauce:ohlawd:

drool.jpg

The restaurant is in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. Its not expensive. Great food. and has a funky, cool, laid back vibe:ehh:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of Caribbean food have you tried? if you've tried any at all?

There's some great West Indian spots in Brooklyn where you can get some amazing Guyanese and Jamaican food. I've been to a few and you'll get some good authentic dishes

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Last edited by a moderator: