Recommend me books on nutrition, cooking, and weight-lifting/workouts

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I am a newbie. I've gained a lot of weight this year do to issues with my medication. I haven't eaten well at all either. I gain weight in my face, arms and stomach, mostly. Most people think I'm somewhat slender because oh my shoulders, but my stomach is huge and unhealthy.

Anyways, I want to learn how to cook, bad. My biggest obstacle to weight-loss is confusion on nutrition and cooking. I want to learn how to cook, what to eat, etc.

I also don't know shyt about weight-lifting. When I did go to the gym, I ran for about an hour doing HILT, and then I would use the weight machines. I don't do free-weights AT ALL. I'd like to learn how to incorporate weight-lifting into my workouts.

Can anyone recommend me some books on cooking, nutrition, and weight-lifting?

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What was your medication?
What are some of the things you DO know how to prepare or cook?

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anafranil

I mean, lol, I can cook cheeseburgers, fish, chicken, anything already prepared

Ok, that is good, so it looks like you know how to grill and maybe fry. Frying is not healthy, but it tells me you know how to handle oil and work with range of heat. When I was teaching my brother to cook, he burned everything cause he would only do high heat.

The first part is to make sure you have basic kitchen utensils (measuring cup, spoons, at least one deep saucepan, a pot, and baking tray). What type of tastes do you naturally gravitate towards? I prefer cajun, mexican or asian, so I mainly cook healthy food with spices from those parts of the world.

Second part:Make a list of 3 meals you like and then google healthy versions of it. There are LOTS of youtube cooking "shows" on low carb, low fat diet food too if you are trying to go that route. Pick an episode that doesnt have a lot of ingredients. Watch the episode at least twice, and download the ingredient list. Buy the items on that list, and prepare your ingredients ahead, and not when your stove is already on and you are pressed for time. Simulate your steps first for about 30 seconds, and then actually do them IRL.

When I was first learning to cook healthy, it usually took me around 2-3 tries before I got the textures right. I was cheap and didn't buy some of the basic kitchen tools I needed but once I did, it made things easier. Healthy cooking means replacing certain ingredients, or trying to simulate a crispy texture with no frying, so it is different than the traditional cooking we are used to.

It was expensive to cook for one person like this in the beginning, but once I built my pantry and spice rack up, it isn't expensive anymore. Try a new recipe once a week. Over time, you will become quicker at cooking it, make less of a mess in the kitchen, and make it better tasting.

Soups are easy to start out with because it is one pot cooking. Slow cookers are also easy and give me the texture that I like.

You can also google healthy recipe blogs. Most of them are run by women unless they are diet specific (I.E. Atkins or Paleo related).

Eat Yourself Skinny!: | RECIPE BOX |

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
As far as lifting, the workout directory sticky has good stuff

If y'all drop new links ill add them

I'm Chillin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Anyone got or know of a hook up to get pdf files of books :ninja2:? Looking for a fitness related one

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I would reccomend a good book but I don't like your ass enough.