Rebecca Ferguson is in final talks to star in Joe Abercrombie’s ‘BEST SERVED COLD’

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
EXCLUSIVE: Rebecca Ferguson (Mission: Impossible franchise) is in final talks to star in Best Served Cold, a new film based on Joe Abercrombie's bestselling book of the same name, which Tim Miller (Deadpool) will direct for Skydance.

Originally published as part of Abercrombie's First Law World series in the summer of 2009, Best Served Cold tells the story of the legendary mercenary Monza Murcatto (Ferguson), the betrayal that ostracizes her, and her ensuing quest for revenge that will forever change a nation.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@LordGrimdark
Can't say much more, but the headlines: I wrote the script (yes, I know, but it's really good, honest), Tim Miller's down to direct, Rebecca Ferguson's down to play Monza.
Tim is the director of Deadpool and Terminator: Dark Fate as well as the main force behind Love, Death and Robots. We've been working to bring the First Law to the screen in one form or another for a decade now, and there is no bigger fan of, or champion for, these books.

Now no one get too excited because take it from a man hurt often in the past, there is always plenty of shyt that can go wrong...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:martin: Good thing I searched before making a thread. You brehs should have tagged me.

Monza? I can't see it. TBH.

Who they gonna get to play Caul Shivers though...

I like Ferguson but yeah I don't see it either.

As for Caul Shivers I think of Tadhg Murphy not a big actor at all but ever since I've seen him in Black Sails I just associated it with Shiver's face whenever I reread the books.

2b36eaa97f625a4463aea38737552f16--black-sails-character-ideas.jpg

The actor lost an eye in a bow and arrow accident. So casting could probably ask him to pop in a silver one :mjgrin: Too bad he's short gang. Caul Shivers is described as broad shouldered and very tall in books.