'Reacher' | Prime Video | Season 3 in production, sidekick gets spinoff

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
shyt is straight up male wish fulfilment fantasy but it’s still a decent watch.

I saw an interview with the author (of the novels) a few years ago where he basically admitted that he writes novels designed to pander to the largest audience possible.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
This series is a great representation of the books. I have read them all. They really capture the feel of Reacher. Just barely unleashed fukkery. There are so many foolishness filled books. They have years of material to work with

The only issue is that The older Reacher books worked because it was before everything was tracked the way it is now. Smart phones etc. He was able to be a true nomad and causing havoc randomly and avoiding getting on the cops radar cause he would breeze into a random town. Inevitably run across some kind of local mob. Dispatch them and then float away before the shyt hits the fan

Really hard to do that in this day and age with cameras everywhere

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I saw an interview with the author (of the novels) a few years ago where he basically admitted that he writes novels designed to pander to the largest audience possible.
It's a very classic formula, a lot of classic books, comics and tv shows use. Strong but moral wanderer stumbles into trouble, helps then keeps it moving. Conan, the og Kung Fu tv show, the Hulk tv show, Yojimbo, Berserk, Zatoichi, Clint Eastwood Fistful character, like all them 90s adventure shows they used to shoot in australia... just to name a few.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's a very classic formula, a lot of classic books, comics and tv shows use. Strong but moral wanderer stumbles into trouble, helps then keeps it moving. Conan, the og Kung Fu tv show, the Hulk tv show, Yojimbo, Berserk, Zatoichi, Clint Eastwood Fistful character, like all them 90s adventure shows they used to shoot in australia... just to name a few.

Quantum Leap, The Pretender, MacGuyver.

This was a staple of my childhood. :pachaha: