Rate This City: Day 14 - St Louis

Rate: St Louis

• Total voters

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
any advice on areas to live?--and im not trying to live downtown. looks like my job is up and moving me next month. its my hometown but havent really lived here since 4th grade.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I went to St. Louis back in October. Had some of the best wings at this chicken spot in downtown and fried shrimp.

Their pizza is every thin but I had the BBQ flavor.

no traffic in the city at all.

city is very ghetto tho. Lots of areas that look demolished. Also their nightlife is lacking but I had fun regardless because I’m a fun person but their brunch spot literally had 4 people inside and me and my homegirl were the only people inside this hookah bar lol.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
any advice on areas to live?--and im not trying to live downtown. looks like my job is up and moving me next month. its my hometown but havent really lived here since 4th grade.
dogtown or central west end

The have some nice apartments behind delmar blvd too

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I live in University City, right near Clayton, which is the downtown hub of St. Louis County. If you have kids, I put Clayton in there because of the top level school district. There’s a lot of areas on the south side that are really good, just have to look around. I don’t like going to far into places like St. Charles, but some do for the cheaper land and good schools. But also really depends on where you work. Living in U City me and my wife can get to work downtown in less than 20 minutes, Clayton in 2 minutes, plenty of places on the south side less than 20 minutes.

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

IN the city: Holly Hills, Kingshighway Hills (really cheap, multiracial, safer neighborhood)
Soulard is probably one of the more fun neighborhoods, but they are targetted for carjackings and car thefts.

County: Clayton, Ucity, maplewood, Olivette, Creve Couer.

If you wanna live in suburbs and commute and be kinda out the way but not necessarily deal with the racist hicks: Edwardsville, Ofallon. They are quick growing military/college towns in illinos.

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ive always wondered wtf there is to do out there....and what the food is like.

Lots of beer breweries. Flat land and rivers. And the food has it's moments. STLs Zoo is randomly world class and free. If you're into baseball it's a great baseball town. Nightlife is meh at best. Stl lowkey has some thicc ass women. It's an old mob driven area. Don't go out your way to visit but don't avoid it if you have the opportunity.

The pizza is worth trying but it's not going to amaze you. Black people rave over the Chinese food especially the fried rice (use soy sauce and red pepper, trust me) and saint paul sandwiches.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
what's the word on southhampton?
It’s a pretty good south side neighborhood. Me and my wife were dead set on moving to the south side last year. I grew up in the city on the north side and loved wanting to get back in the city. South Hampton would have been an area we’d consider for the right house. Settled on U City because of the location, house, and price.