Rate This City: Day 14 - St Louis

Rate: St Louis

• Total voters

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
I didn’t like it. I like a simple pizza with flavor. They put too many toppings on their pizza which I guess is good, but you gonna pay for it.

I will probably never leave St. Louis. Where else can you spend 300k and have a 2500+ square foot house making less than 100k a year. :blessed:. St. Louis county gets a bad rep because of St. Louis city.
:ohhh: as far as noryh county goes thats all i got. If you ever in st charles hit up talanyas on main street.their sauce is pretty good.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
what area were you looking into?
It was south of the park, almost directly south of the zoo area. Also there were some other almost suburb areas, I'm not sure if it was still in city limits, going more west/southwest.
I didn’t like it. I like a simple pizza with flavor. They put too many toppings on their pizza which I guess is good, but you gonna pay for it.

I will probably never leave St. Louis. Where else can you spend 300k and have a 2500+ square foot house making less than 100k a year. :blessed:. St. Louis county gets a bad rep because of St. Louis city.
The prices for what you can get are crazy, the fact that there are good schools in areas less than $400k is almost unbelievable to me.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
It was south of the park, almost directly south of the zoo area. Also there were some other almost suburb areas, I'm not sure if it was still in city limits, going more west/southwest.

The prices for what you can get are crazy, the fact that there are good schools in areas less than $400k is almost unbelievable to me.
The private school prices aren’t that bad either

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis does have high crime, but that crime is in easily avoidable places. Honestly for black people the metro is pretty trash, for cacs its a haven. Most black nightlife gets shot up and closed shortly after opening sadly. There are ALOT (I MEAN ALOT) of craft breweries around the area, the area is big on baseball and hockey (by design), and the BBQ scene is mid. I will say this, STL has WONDERFUL chinese food oddly.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Saint Louis does have high crime, but that crime is in easily avoidable places. Honestly for black people the metro is pretty trash, for cacs its a haven. Most black nightlife gets shot up and closed shortly after opening sadly. There are ALOT (I MEAN ALOT) of craft breweries around the area, the area is big on baseball and hockey (by design), and the BBQ scene is mid. I will say this, STL has WONDERFUL chinese food oddly.
Yeah the crime is properly stated, but also very overstated. You know where the fukk not to be at between 10pm-4am or some shyt. The crime is very isolated, but bad where it’s at. But because the city proper is smaller, any crime gets magnified and made to look worse from a statistics standpoint. I had to stop eating the Chinese food (called chinaman in STL :mjlol: ) because it’s loaded with sodium and all that and I want to be healthier. But I went to college in northeast MO and went to a Chinese spot there one time and looked at them like :gucci: when I saw their food.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Yeah the crime is properly stated, but also very overstated. You know where the fukk not to be at between 10pm-4am or some shyt. The crime is very isolated, but bad where it’s at. But because the city proper is smaller, any crime gets magnified and made to look worse from a statistics standpoint. I had to stop eating the Chinese food (called chinaman in STL :mjlol: ) because it’s loaded with sodium and all that and I want to be healthier. But I went to college in northeast MO and went to a Chinese spot there one time and looked at them like :gucci: when I saw their food.
you been to china moon off west florrisant?

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Nah I haven’t. Mainly know of a few in the city and places like Rice House in Florissant.
might like that better. I will admit its more expensive than most olaces but i think its the best. One thing I know for sure they have the best crab ragoon in the whole city :wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nelly and Chingy are both very handsome
Ayo :dame:

But since we in the topic of St. Louis rappers what happened to St. Louis hip-hop.

Nikkas had the juice with Nelly and the St. Lunatics and all them one hit wonders like Chingy, Jibbs, Huey, J-Kwon :heh:

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
St Louis is a 1.

Reminds me of Gary, Indiana except with just more crime and dinginess.

anim-smell-test.gif
Bullshyt. I don’t know what dirty ass slum you were hanging in but my city is miles ahead of Gary. East St. Louis is not fukking St. Louis.

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
:ehh: the vibe is a bit similar to me :yeshrug:
I’ve driven through Gary, it’s far smaller and poorer. Like I said, you had to been in the shyttiest part of the city or been in East St. Louis which is a completely different city in a different state.

Michael Jackson’s childhood home is the 2nd biggest attraction in Gary after a low rent aquatorium.

St. Louis has one of most prestigious medical schools and universities in the country.
danforth-campus-aerial.jpg

We also have one of the best hospitals in the country as well as the best hospital for cardiovascular issues in the Midwest.
screenshot-at-aug-14-16-25-11.png

We have one of the greatest Zoos, Science Centers, Art Museums, etc. in the country.
Guardian-paint-Pros-St-Louis-zoo-.jpg

SaintLouisArtMuseum_Donovan.jpg

Forrest Park was created by the same guy who created Central Park.
1443816694993.jpeg

St. Louis has faced a decline in the last decades but it was once one of the greatest cities in the country. Gary was never that.

There’s still nice many middle class neighborhoods and wealth in the greater St. Louis area that you wouldn’t find in the best parts of Gary.
I’ve grew up in the suburbs of St. Louis and never saw so much as a drug deal growing up. It’s not a giant wasteland.
ccimage-3311396283_3050617c90_b.jpg

ISr1mjz1mmllt60000000000.jpg

ladue-2.jpg
1-8-1024x682.jpg

02Woodlawn.jpg