Rashida Jones Recalls Up-And-Down Relationship With 2Pac: ‘He Was Family’

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
rashida-jones-recalls-up-down-relationship-with-2pac-in-new-interview-1200x675.jpg

"Rashida Jones and her family had a rocky relationship with 2Pac before his untimely death, but she still considers the late rapper as kin.

In a new conversation with The New Yorker published on Sunday (July 7), the talented actress recalled the open letter she’d written to The Source where she went in on Pac after he’d dissed her father in an interview with the magazine.

“All he does is stick his dikk in white bytches and make fukked up kids,” Pac said of Quincy Jones at the time.

Then 17, Rashida eloquently tore into Pac in response.

“I do think that anyone who reads this article would be shocked by his ignorance and lack of respect for his people,” she said. “To demean a man like Quincy Jones, a man who came from the ghetto of Chicago and through his talent and perseverance became a living music legend, demeans the whole progress of African Americans.”

She continued, “Where the hell would you be if Black people like him hadn’t paved the way for you to even have the opportunity to express yourself? I don’t see you fighting for you race. In my Opinion, you’re destroying it and shytting all over your people.”

Pac started dating her older sister Kidada shortly after the exchange, so things would soon become peaceful between them.

Now over 30 years later, Rashida reflected on the letter and her relationship with 2Pac in a whole new light.

“Furious! So precocious, so self-righteous. Yeah, I was so mad,” she said. “It was a new perspective to me. I kind of understand the nuance more now that I’m older. It just felt like a completely unwarranted attack.”

“It resolved itself really nicely, because when I met him, he immediately apologized to me, immediately apologized to my dad. We sat down and had a really good conversation about it, and then he was family.”

She concluded: “That was an early lesson for me, because I have been self-righteous in my life, and I really have worked hard to stop looking at things in a binary way. We’re so flawed and so complicated.”

In other news, 2Pac’s alleged killer Keefe D (real name Duane Davis) will remain in police custody as he waits for his murder trial to commence in November.

After the former gang member was unable to prove that he gathered his bail money through legitimate means, Judge Carli Kierny denied his release last month. "

Rashida Jones Recalls Up-And-Down Relationship With 2Pac: ‘He Was Family’

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Cheap Google News alert PR promo

the more pertinent detail is this … that clip of Tupac sayinh “fukked up mixed race babies”
is scrubbed from the internet