Random question...lack of second generation black wrestlers?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We have had third generation wrestlers...but we have seen little to no second generation black wrestlers...:dwillhuh:

Did JYD, kamala, bear cat, ladd, mizark, booker and Stevie, 2 cold, whoever else not sire kids who have an interest in the business? Or were they possibly advised against it?

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
I hope their success in wrestling sets their kid up to do something much more worthwhile than be a carny.

I’m sure they would want the best, no doubt

I guess my point is that with more black wrestlers reaching the success like Bianca and them have, it’ll probably be a positive influence on the following gen

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Rock One Eyebrow Raised Rock Staring GIF

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
We have had third generation wrestlers...but we have seen little to no second generation black wrestlers...:dwillhuh:

Did JYD, kamala, bear cat, ladd, mizark, booker and Stevie, 2 cold, whoever else not sire kids who have an interest in the business? Or were they possibly advised against it?

That's basically life in America for black folk. :yeshrug:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Mark's son is doing powerlifting, wrestling at OU and might join their football program. Titus's sons are doing football.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
D'Von's sons are pretty dope :leon:

Been wondering what they were up to.

I feel like most of them probably went the route of getting a scholarship and playing a sport in college. Then most likely just cashed in on their degree. And like others have said I imagine that that 60's/70's/80s gen of black wrestlers definitely didn't want their kids to get in the business.

I think D-Von's kids, and Mark Henry's kid are probably the first of a different generation that may have an albeit smaller but likely still more positive opinion of the business. And we might see more of them in the 2030s+ that we haven't seen now.