Ramadan about to throw a monkey wrench in my routine/diet

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I made a thread about my progress. I started at 238 in March and got down to 206 as of last week. Because of Ramadan I gotta switch things up. The past 2 days I splurged on regular food and now I'm back up to 211. I basically can't workout during the day and I work over night. I like to workout before I go to sleep but now I have to do it when I wake up before I go to work. I'm gonna definitely loose fat by the end of it and drop to under 200 but I'm probably gonna lose muscle as well.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you workout closer to sundown? That should be before work and you can still eat after your workout?

Since i exercise at 4 am i should be good i will just have to force myself to eat before sunrise.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Can you workout closer to sundown? That should be before work and you can still eat after your workout?

Since i exercise at 4 am i should be good i will just have to force myself to eat before sunrise.

I leave for work at 9:30. I can't start eating until around 8:30 so my workouts will have to be around 8 pm.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I leave for work at 9:30. I can't start eating until around 8:30 so my workouts will have to be around 8 pm.
I think you could work around that 1/2 hour. Even if you workout for the first 1/2 hour, eat something small like a protein bar at or after 8:30 then you can go in once you get to work.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I think you could work around that 1/2 hour. Even if you workout for the first 1/2 hour, eat something small like a protein bar at or after 8:30 then you can go in once you get to work.

Yeah I know. I just don't like working out when I wake up. I usually lift like a hour or two before I go to bed.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Yea i'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to structure my workout and meals. Might just chug a protein shake real quick when the sun goes down, hit the gym, and then eat when I get back home. It's just going to mess up my sleep schedule. I'm usually in bed by like 9:30-10. I won't be going to bed until like midnight now.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I usually go 4-5x/ week in Ramadan and traditionally I've put on a few pounds of fat but kept the strength and the muscle the same. I usually worked out for the ~2 hours right before opening my fast. But this year with the days so long, planning on sleeping for those pre-meal hours, then eating, waiting a bit and hitting it hard at ~midnight. Tonight's the first time trying this routine so we'll see how it goes. :patrice:

Ramadan Mubarak and good luck breh

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I take the first week off, then I'll do some pushups and stuff aroud the house the next two weeks, then take the last leg of ramadan off. get back in the gym reenergized. I usually gain strength over Ramadan, dont know how, but its a blessing :blessed:
Mashallah :blessed:

I usually just hit the gym right after terewih prayers at midnight. I dont mind losing weight but i do hate losing strength

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Mashallah :blessed:

I usually just hit the gym right after terewih prayers at midnight. I dont mind losing weight but i do hate losing strength

so far this year I havent really been able to hit the gym at all. The days are too long. I'm excited to see where my strength is after Ramadan. but all this delicious fried food during Ramadan isnt helping a breh :ohlawd: Ramadan is such a fun month though, I'd pick it over working out any day, and I love working out.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Be a Muslim and call yourself @Ethnic Vagina Finder brehs :mjlol:

as far as Ramadan this year has been awful..but I've been a little more liberal in terms of what im eating..haven't noticed a huge difference in overall weight/composition

Workouts I've adjusted by going low weight high reps..nothing too crazy..40 mins..its all about maintenance..

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Be a Muslim and call yourself @Ethnic Vagina Finder brehs :mjlol:

as far as Ramadan this year has been awful..but I've been a little more liberal in terms of what im eating..haven't noticed a huge difference in overall weight/composition

Workouts I've adjusted by going low weight high reps..nothing too crazy..40 mins..its all about maintenance..

:dead::dead: