Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:mjtf:

so i guess u never heard of these 2 albums

:snoop:

biggie-1.jpg

NotoriousB.I.G.LifeAfterDeath.jpg
I think u missed his point. Also I would put RTD there but not LAD.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:what: MISS WHAT POINT ??? :what:

and you know their plenty of people that state LAD is the greatest album of all time

:sas2:
The point is that Paid In Full is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time and there is a small amount of hip hop albums that match it. U mentioning an all time classic album like Ready To Die doesnt change that point. And LAD got that retrospect GOAT praise. It has always been the consensus for Ready To Die. shyt I would say that nowadays people are rewriting history to the point that Ready To Die is becoming underrated.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The point is that Paid In Full is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time and there is a small amount of hip hop albums that match it. U mentioning an all time classic album like Ready To Die doesnt change that point. And LAD got that retrospect GOAT praise. It has always been the consensus for Ready To Die. shyt I would say that nowadays people are rewriting history to the point that Ready To Die is becoming underrated.

this was @mobbinfms exact quote

Only The Infamous and Illmatic are in the same class of GOAT tier albums as Paid in Full. The other artist on your list never made anything as good as Paid in Full.

and based off the fact that the poster he replied to mention biggie first-before any of dem other rappers : proves no point was missing on my behalf, cause he purposely left out “ready to die” & “life after death”

and as far as LAD getting that retrospect GOAT praise is complete nonsense

• it got 5 mics in da source mag
  • it was the overall number 1 album for a month
  • it was the 1st hip hop album to go diamond
  • it had (2) platinum singles
  • and got biggie 1997 artist of the year

like someone posted in another thread - the 1st time ever hearing anything negative about LAD was many years later on the internet

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
for you & da 20 nikkaz that dap you
as i stated.... your man is full of shyt .....

source.gif

Get off Jay-Z's dikk. I dunno how else to say it.

The thread is about Rakim and Serch. Pete Nice and Lord Sear are tangentially related to the topic.

You circumvented all that and somehow made this all about Jay-Z:

been trying to tell these nikkaz that Serch is full of shyt
his take on Jay takeover lyrics proves that

You said that before you even read the thread, or knew what was going on.

So nah, you clearly don't give a fukk about who is telling the truth. You would've co-signed literally anyone to prop up your first post.

And I'm :dead: at Serch being "my man". I called him a clown. I just don't understand this stan shyt you do where you turn every thread into some shyt about Jay, or BIG.

And look, you turned a Rakim vs Serch thread into something about BIG. Get help man. :francis:

Fred.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s not.

At all.

That gossipy shyt ain’t got nothing to do with what we’re taking about.

Nah it's the same shyt with Kane and whoever else that didn't want with Ra. Those dudes felt some type of way but kept the door closed on wax:sas2:. Kris isnt going over Ra on most rappers goat list. That's all I need to know right there.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
this was @mobbinfms exact quote

and based off the fact that the poster he replied to mention biggie first-before any of dem other rappers : proves no point was missing on my behalf, cause he purposely left out “ready to die” & “life after death”

and as far as LAD getting that retrospect GOAT praise is complete nonsense

• it got 5 mics in da source mag
  • it was the overall number 1 album for a month
  • it was the 1st hip hop album to go diamond
  • it had (2) platinum singles
  • and got biggie 1997 artist of the year

like someone posted in another thread - the 1st time ever hearing anything negative about LAD was many years later on the internet
RTD and LAD are both classics. I wouldn’t put either in that short list of GOAT contender albums. :Peasy:
RTD is very close though.
The first time I heard something negative album LAD was the day it was released and my English teacher was letting us play it in his class during lunch and he said it was more commercial than he was hoping it would be. :PHandsup:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Get off Jay-Z's dikk. I dunno how else to say it.

The thread is about Rakim and Serch. Pete Nice and Lord Sear are tangentially related to the topic.

You circumvented all that and somehow made this all about Jay-Z:

You said that before you even read the thread, or knew what was going on.

So nah, you clearly don't give a fukk about who is telling the truth. You would've co-signed literally anyone to prop up your first post.

And I'm :dead: at Serch being "my man". I called him a clown. I just don't understand this stan shyt you do where you turn every thread into some shyt about Jay, or BIG.

And look, you turned a Rakim vs Serch thread into something about BIG. Get help man. :francis:

Fred.

the fact of your opening line is get off Jay z dikk
proves you a Nas stan in your feels

how did i make that post without reading the thread 1st when my OP was the Pete Nice receipts of his own rhyme book lyrics of “step into the AM”

the one that needs help is you
i used “the takeover” to support my point not to derail this thread - the audacity of you to even state this when this thread has turned into who’s better Ra or Kris and whether nikkaz like Big L & Pun are overhyped / noteworthy

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
RTD and LAD are both classics. I wouldn’t put either in that short list of GOAT contender albums. :Peasy:
RTD is very close though.
The first time I heard something negative album LAD was the day it was released and my English teacher was letting us play it in his class during lunch and he said it was more commercial than he was hoping it would be. :PHandsup:

thats your personal opinion
so i ain't even mad

BUT for da record - MTV had a panel if hip hop historians come up with the top 10 albums of all time

the original list had
:sas1: LAD at number 9

:sas2: R2D at number 4

:hubie:
in what galaxy these 2 albums are not on the short GOAT list
:snoop: