Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm pretty pumped for this game. Ironically I have the original Radiant Historia and just never played it but this fully voiced remake seems like a good place to get into it. Time to dust off the old 3DS and charge it. Haven't played this thing in a year so hopefully the battery is ok.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I’m getting it! Never played the first, but it sounds exciting. Maybe I’ll stop playing devil survivor 2 for the 5th time and reading Fire Emblem supports over and over again and use my 3ds for something different.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Extremely overrated. All of the time jumps are spoon-fed so it kills all suspense and exploration. Can't do A? Time jump and do B then time jump back to do A. All the sense of exploration, decision making and freedom that Chrono Trigger is known for (which made the blueprint for which this game took a page) is completely gone in Radiant Histora. You know exactly what you have to do all the time. Chrono Trigger was perfect in that it was a linear game that made you feel completely free, Radiant Histora never gives you that feeling.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Extremely overrated. All of the time jumps are spoon-fed so it kills all suspense and exploration. Can't do A? Time jump and do B then time jump back to do A. All the sense of exploration, decision making and freedom that Chrono Trigger is known for (which made the blueprint for which this game took a page) is completely gone in Radiant Histora. You know exactly what you have to do all the time. Chrono Trigger was perfect in that it was a linear game that made you feel completely free, Radiant Histora never gives you that feeling.
This game is not like Chrono Trigger though. In playing it a few hours it's a linear story told non-sequentially. It involves trial and error at branch points where you figure out which is the proper route by assembling the ideal outcome from all the different routes.

It's more like the Zero Escape series way of thinking than Chrono Trigger. It's like a maze that if you take a wrong path and fail you can reset and try again.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This game is not like Chrono Trigger though. In playing it a few hours it's a linear story told non-sequentially. It involves trial and error at branch points where you figure out which is the proper route by assembling the ideal outcome from all the different routes.

It's more like the Zero Escape series way of thinking than Chrono Trigger. It's like a maze that if you take a wrong path and fail you can reset and try again.

It was compared to it when it first came out. It's trash though like I said because it's so cut-and-dry that there is almost no point to the "choices" or looking for an ideal outcome. It might as well be a western RPG with how straightforward it is dispute how ambitious it's trying to be.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It was compared to it when it first came out. It's trash though like I said because it's so cut-and-dry that there is almost no point to the "choices" or looking for an ideal outcome. It might as well be a western RPG with how straightforward it is dispute how ambitious it's trying to be.
It not being a game that doesn't offer much in the way of choice doesn't make it trash by default though. You didn't say it was trash based off it's own merits but off a false comparison you heard.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It not being a game that doesn't offer much in the way of choice doesn't make it trash by default though. You didn't say it was trash based off it's own merits but off a false comparison you heard.

That is being trash off of it's own merits. I was merely explaining why I mentioned CT. Radiant Historia is trash and overrated. It's a barebones western RPG.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Already played this on DS so I'm gonna pass this time. Its piff though...probably a Top 5 DS rpg and that's saying a lot.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Great game but the time travel mechanic is annoying. The moment I start getting into the plot of one timeline I am forced to jump to the other timeline.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm at the end of the game now and honestly I forgot what timeline I did what in because they all revolve around the same characters. It's an interesting concept but they didn't really do much with it. The characters behave mostly the same in either timeline. This is a very linear game. There's only one way to do the things you're required to do and the plot mostly solves it's own problems as you progress.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I'm at the end of the game now and honestly I forgot what timeline I did what in because they all revolve around the same characters. It's an interesting concept but they didn't really do much with it. The characters behave mostly the same in either timeline. This is a very linear game. There's only one way to do the things you're required to do and the plot mostly solves it's own problems as you progress.
thats exactly what doomsday said lol

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just copped this in the Atlus sale on 3ds, last day to take advantage