Racism In America Is Making A Comeback!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.st0rmfr0nt.org/static.globalgrind.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_images_540/images/2013_june/xtale-of-two-hoodies.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PdV-R-GKLS.webp

:whew:

short but oh, so true.

America is returning to what it once was. Unfortunately, I'm not referring to its dominance as the world's only super power or its economic peak, but rather its racist roots. How can I say that when we have a (half) black president? Just check out this week's news.

The Supreme Court just undid 48 years of racial progress by dismantling the 1965 Voting Rights Act. It took the great state of Texas less than two hours to enact the most stringent voter ID law in the country. And now they are working furiously at redistricting their voting maps to further disenfranchise minorities. These measures were previously considered in violation of the now defunct Voting Rights Act.

Turn the page of your newspaper (or nook) and you can read about the George Zimmerman trial. Unless you are one of the 6 women jurors in the case, you'll recall that an armed man (Zimmerman) told 911 that he was pursuing an unarmed teenager (Trayvon Martin) who happened to have wound up dead by Zimmerman's gun. He also happened to be black. Incredulously, the police did not hold Zimmerman or even take his gun until a month of public outrage embarrassed them into arresting him. Now the prosecution is claiming self defense and trying to paint the 17-year-old victim as a dangerously aggressive drugged out hoodlum. I admit that I've been accused of painting the situation too far in the other direction in my piece "A Tale Of Two Hoodies." But then I'm an artist visually representing the overall problem of racism, not a lawyer in a court of law distorting facts to misrepresent the actual events.

The fact that Zimmerman called Martin "a suspicious person" with nothing more to go on other than he was a black youth wearing a hood suggests racial profiling by an individual. The fact that the police initially chose not to even charge Zimmerman suggests racism in the police force. The fact that the Supreme Court made it possible for Texas, along with many other states, to create voting restrictions aimed to suppress minorities from voting suggests a racist government. Sadly, it seems America is becoming a shining example of backwards progress in social and racial justice.

Read more: Racism's Big Comeback In America By Michael D'Antuono | Global Grind

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
In order for something to comebacc, it has to have left first.

With that said, Racism has never left obviously, it's just that back in the days, black people stood together(more than they do now) and actually fought back against racist cacs to the point where they were like :whoa:. Black people moved into the innercitys and for the most part were getting their shyt together.

Then the 80s happened with all the vices destroying the community,then the 90s and to an extent the 2000s(with rap music) glorified this change like it was a good thing, for the whole world to see.

So instead of white people being like :whoa: lets get out of here they won :to:,they're like :dead: look at these dumb nikkas, lets go back and take whats ours they too worried about killing over colors to even care that we finna bulldoze their"hood" and turn it back into a white only community :win:
(Gentrification)

Hence why they aren't scared to be open with their racism anymore. Thanks NWA.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Its just becoming less discrete again. I just hope as black people when some silly shyt hits the fan, we stay united...because its coming.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Honestly i was thinking about this the other day

Racism is slowly not becoming a big deal anymore

white people getting more and more bold with their statements

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I believe he's referring to the more open, blatant racism of the old days making a comeback. I definitely see this country slowly creeping back to a more Jim Crow like era, especially after the dismantling of the Voting Rights act. Black folks need to wake up fast

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
In order for something to comebacc, it has to have left first.

With that said, Racism has never left obviously, it's just that back in the days, black people stood together(more than they do now) and actually fought back against racist cacs to the point where they were like :whoa:. Black people moved into the innercitys and for the most part were getting their shyt together.

Then the 80s happened with all the vices destroying the community,then the 90s and to an extent the 2000s(with rap music) glorified this change like it was a good thing, for the whole world to see.

So instead of white people being like :whoa: lets get out of here they won :to:,they're like :dead: look at these dumb nikkas, lets go back and take whats ours they too worried about killing over colors to even care that we finna bulldoze their"hood" and turn it back into a white only community :win:
(Gentrification)

Hence why they aren't scared to be open with their racism anymore. Thanks NWA.

:wow: truth

emoney

custom user title
Daps
middle class whites are feeling that pinch and they are taking out their anger on the usual suspects (us)