Questions about the East/West beef.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
What's the story behind God Bless The Dead, where Pac says "R.I.P. to my nikka Biggie Smalls"? Was there another Biggie Pac was friends with?

Also if Wu had beef with Big how did Method Man end up on "The What". What did Rae and Ghost think about it?

These two questions ,especially the first one, have bothered me since I was a little kid.

Thanks for any replies.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The Wu thing came after B.I.G. blew up, and OB4CL came out the following year. At the time he was making 'Ready To Die', it wasn't even an issue. It never even became a big beef anyway- it was just Rae/Ghost throwin' shots... I'm sure it got a lil' friction, but that's about it.

I've seen a couple things said about that Pac record. One is that it's not even him saying it (which could be true, cause that was the type of petty shyt Death Row was doing at the time), and another is that there was actually someone else named Biggie Smalls that Pac knew. I think the first one is more likely.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wuznt it two biggie smalls?dude from livesquad and sumbody else?one tried to sue biggie

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Ok I got it so there was two Biggies cool cool.

And the second answer is that Rae/Ghost got salty after Big saw success.

Thanks for the answers. It'd be cool if other people posted questions too cause I know I got more just can't think of em.

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
Yeah the story goes Johnny J knew the other biggie smalls, even did some records with him. Pac was cool with J so yeah he told the other biggie about him. Duke changed his name out of respect I think.

profound

technique
Daps
Duke changed his name out of respect I think.

from what I was reading either the white rapper sued Biggie and made him change it or the person who came up with the name from the movie Biggie got it from.

i remembered reading a Big quote and he was pissed and said it was some whiteboys fault, but other sources say he was sued by the original creator.

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
from what I was reading either the white rapper sued Biggie and made him change it or the person who came up with the name from the movie Biggie got it from.

i remembered reading a Big quote and he was pissed and said it was some whiteboys fault, but other sources say he was sued by the original creator.

Props on that :to: