Question for the natural ladies

Bgreat

All Star
Daps
I see your hair and im just like :noah::noah: and i just feel the need to compliment the hair.

My question is how do you feel about a brotha complimenting your hair?

When i usually comment on it, I usually get "thanks :comeon:" as if im joking around with them

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I loved those kind of comments before my hair became heat damaged. I got them mostly from men of other races because I live in a part of L.A where I don't get to interact with a lot of other black people.

Bgreat

All Star
Daps
I appreciate compliments lol, definitely better than the teasing some brehs do, because I cant tell if theyre being mean or joking. :jbhmm: I wonder what you say to get that reaction.
girls ive never spoke to. Id be like "i like your hair".... my hair is considered very "nappy" so idk what they think

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
girls ive never spoke to. Id be like "i like your hair".... my hair is considered very "nappy" so idk what they think
My hair is definitely not curly. Its kinky /nappy/ coily.

Even when I had locs young guys would call me Whoopi or T Pain/Lil Wayne. Then I found out that they liked my hair or were just fascinated by it. :what: Idk if they think that's cute like a lil boy pulling the pigtails of a girl he likes but its weird.

So i appreciate your clear honesty.

Superstar
Daps
compliments are nice & welcome. i guess its just odd to talk with a man about hair. the last time i talked with a guy i was just thinking of ways to end the conversation altho i did appreciate the compliment.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i love compliments on my hair, and i always react positively by saying thank you.
i have REALLY nice hair tho:queen: or i did before i hacked it:palm: