Question for the ladies... are ovarian cysts more common than they were in the past?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
It seems like a lot of women I know or have dated have some form of a cyst on their ovaries. I'm 33 so I don't know if it's due to me being older and the women I know being older but it's seeming more and more common.

Was it always like this? My current lady has PCOS and her sister has multiple cysts on her ovaries as well. Two other girls I've know in the past had fibroids.

One of my homegirls who had cysts was told she probably won't be able to have kids. Then she got randomly pregnant.

As a man I don't know anything about this stuff than what I see on google.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have PCOS but my doctor said once I'm ready I shouldn't have any issues. I'm able to have a monthly by taking Evening Primrose Oil tablets 3 times daily (3,000 mg). I asked my mother if this ran rampant back when she was younger. She said they never heard of it and she feels as though it's got to be a change in food and how you take care of yourself. I have a friend that has the exact same thing. For some reason more and more women are getting it. Hell my oldest sister is 49 and years ago she had a hysterectomy -- no children. I've also been told it can be from getting perms for so long. But a lot of this can also stem from hormone imbalances. PCOS is a hormone imbalance but it can be caused my insulin resistance. A lot seems to be effecting women my age compared to those of yesteryear. It is mind boggling isn't it?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I have PCOS but my doctor said once I'm ready I shouldn't have any issues. I'm able to have a monthly by taking Evening Primrose Oil tablets 3 times daily (3,000 mg). I asked my mother if this ran rampant back when she was younger. She said they never heard of it and she feels as though it's got to be a change in food and how you take care of yourself. I have a friend that has the exact same thing. For some reason more and more women are getting it. Hell my oldest sister is 49 and years ago she had a hysterectomy -- no children. I've also been told it can be from getting perms for so long. But a lot of this can also stem from hormone imbalances. PCOS is a hormone imbalance but it can be caused my insulin resistance. A lot seems to be effecting women my age compared to those of yesteryear. It is mind boggling isn't it?

Thanks for your perspective. Would love to hear from other women as well.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:( my bad that was not my intent, i was just making a educated guess. please help remove my ignorance on this subject matter miss woodrat

PCOS is basically small cyst on the ovaries. It's from a hormonal imbalance. I was born with mine. It causes a woman to gain weight, fatigue, fertility issues, acne, you name it. Mine used to be so bad I would have a monthly only once a year or once every 2 years, and it was painful.