question for people that have dogs

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
im looking to buy a dog (never had one before) but im not at home all day because im at work. do they stay in one of the kennels? (cages) when im not at home? i want to train them n shyt but i dont think i want them in there all day

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What's your workday like? Can you get back home during lunch to walk the dog and let them out? Do you have a backyard? You use the crate for crate training, but your dog shouldn't be in one all day while you're gone. Honestly, unless you have a flexible job or work close to home, it's extremely hard to have a dog unless you're willing to pay a dog walker or send them to daycare, dogs really don't like to be left alone all day unstimulated. It's next to impossible if you're looking at getting a puppy, they require a lot of training, they won't develop correctly emotionally of you leave them alone like that, and there is no way they can hold their pee/bowels for a workday.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
when they young you have to train them not to use the bathroom till he get out the cage

just make sure you do the same routine everyday

to be honest you better off just googlin

but then again my dog dont stay at my house

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
What's your workday like? Can you get back home during lunch to walk the dog and let them out? Do you have a backyard? You use the crate for crate training, but your dog shouldn't be in one all day while you're gone. Honestly, unless you have a flexible job or work close to home, it's extremely hard to have a dog unless you're willing to pay a dog walker or send them to daycare, dogs really don't like to be left alone all day unstimulated. It's next to impossible if you're looking at getting a puppy, they require a lot of training, they won't develop correctly emotionally of you leave them alone like that, and there is no way they can hold their pee/bowels for a workday.

lmaooooooooooo you wildin

shyt light work if you got patience

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Training a dog can take a while. If you are set on getting one I'd wait till you are on a vacation. At least try and spend a week where you can try and give the puppy all of your attention. When I bought my dog me and my wife worked opposite shifts so it worked out. As for leaving your dog out all day, it varies from dog to dog. I wouldn't leave my husky out while I'm gone because she gets into too much mischief. My westie just hops in my sofa and chills all day.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I couldnt leave a dog caged up allday almost everyday, dogs like to roam around and shyt, Id feel bad just having it locked up for 8 hours

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It sucks to leave dogs in cages all day, but some dogs (probably most) will be into all types of shyt if you leave them out. When I had my dogs, we were usually gone a normal workday and they slept most of the day, but I think it kind of worked out because they are energetic as hell when you get home and they get their exercise then.