Question about the knick

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Why was Dr Edwards always fighting other brehs? Bar room brawls and shyt...was it a hobby of his? Did he fight to prove himself to other nikkas? Did it symbolize something in the show? That whole angle went right over my head

He stayed catching the beats too:francis:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Why was Dr Edwards always fighting other brehs? Bar room brawls and shyt...was it a hobby of his? Did he fight to prove himself to other nikkas? Did it symbolize something in the show? That whole angle went right over my head

It was basically an outlet to vent, and let out his aggression. All day at his job he was faced with racism from his peers, from his patients, all while knowing he is just as capable if not more than they are. He can't be together with the woman he loves because of the time period. All of that stays bottled up inside of him and fighting was a way for it come out.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah but also black folks looked down on him because he came from europe, they thought that he thought he was superior to them

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was basically an outlet to vent, and let out his aggression. All day at his job he was faced with racism from his peers, from his patients, all while knowing he is just as capable if not more than they are. He can't be together with the woman he loves because of the time period. All of that stays bottled up inside of him and fighting was a way for it come out.

This, plus this:

yeah but also black folks looked down on him because he came from europe, they thought that he thought he was superior to them

Plus as a black man in that era he couldn't just start fights with white people, so his outlet was through black people.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The way of getting out his anger he had by being a black man in America.

I damn near shed a tear when he told his pops that it hurt him that his father was the smartest man he knows but he couldn't help him with his homework and that it pains him that he was taught to keep his head down and made too afraid to look up:mjcry:
So you saying he was a c00n
Edwards was black excellence.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Question that’s kind of related. I just finished watching this show. I understand he stopped Dr. Thackery from performing the eye surgery on him because he was coked out of his mind by then but why didn’t Dr. Edwards’ let Bertie perform the surgery? Seems like it was a fixable thing and he could’ve continued on as a surgeon.