Question about posting video game footage on YouTube

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
Quick question,

obviously people have been posting videos for a while on YouTube and Twitch of them playing video games, so I'm guessing there's no copyright issue there because it must be seen as, their presence is altering the original form of the video.

What if I was just shooting the TV screen and making commentary during the YouTube video. You wouldn't see my face, all you would see would be the screen with the game, and hear my voice throughout the majority of the video*. Is the mere presence of my voice enough to say that I have altered the original form so it no longer is punishable by copyright laws?

* I know that's not the way that it's done, but for the purpose of this question, please just work with me.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
It's fine breh. I've posted pure game footage with no commentary or editing AND I've posted gameplays where there's copyright music in the background. When you upload you just pick the appropriate license and you're good to go. For the gameplay with copyright music, the copyright holder will just came the video and any possible revenue on it or just snatch the audio from the video. Nothing serious happens until you're big enough to start making money.