Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
one of my guys is grabbing a Xbox & I was going to game share 2k

How’s it work

Will he be able to download it then play it on his own profile

Or does my Xbox have to stay as the main on his access to everything ?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
one of my guys is grabbing a Xbox & I was going to game share 2k

How’s it work

Will he be able to download it then play it on his own profile

Or does my Xbox have to stay as the main on his access to everything ?
It's letting another person use your account. If you want to let him play the game on another account his Xbox has to be the home Xbox for your account.

I'd never do something like this. I'd just buy him a copy of the game as a gift.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
It's letting another person use your account. If you want to let him play the game on another account his Xbox has to be the home Xbox for your account.

I'd never do something like this. I'd just buy him a copy of the game as a gift.
Okay so in order for that work, he’d have to stay with my Xbox as his home account

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Okay so in order for that work, he’d have to stay with my Xbox as his home account
This is how it works, you log in to your profile on his Xbox and then you go to settings.. profile...then somewhere in there you can set the Xbox to be your "home" Xbox.

Now whatever games you own he can play, he can even go online.

Now back at your house, when you login you have access to your games no matter who's system you're on..So you can play your games no problem just as long as you're logged in with your profile.

Another way to do this is for him to sign you in on his Xbox, then he can eat. Only problem with that method is you gotta be logged in for him to eat and you couldn't play at home online while he's doing that.

Finally to piggyback off of step one if you have him designate your Xbox as his home Xbox you'll get access to whatever games he buys. Your welcome...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This is how it works, you log in to your profile on his Xbox and then you go to settings.. profile...then somewhere in there you can set the Xbox to be your "home" Xbox.

Now whatever games you own he can play, he can even go online.

Now back at your house, when you login you have access to your games no matter who's system you're on..So you can play your games no problem just as long as you're logged in with your profile.

Another way to do this is for him to sign you in on his Xbox, then he can eat. Only problem with that method is you gotta be logged in for him to eat and you couldn't play at home online while he's doing that.

Finally to piggyback off of step one if you have him designate your Xbox as his home Xbox you'll get access to whatever games he buys. Your welcome...
Yup. Works the same way on PS4.
Make your friends console your "home console" and it gives everyone on your friend's console access to the games you buy.
Your friend wouldn't even need to pay for an XBL or PSN sub at that point anymore either, since all you need is one account to have an active sub.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yup. Works the same way on PS4.
Make your friends console your "home console" and it gives everyone on your friend's console access to the games you buy.
Your friend wouldn't even need to pay for an XBL or PSN sub at that point anymore either, since all you need is one account to have an active sub.
The problem with all this is it's basically giving your account access away. You now have an Xbox sitting in someone else's home that's supposed to be you and you're accepting responsibility for that. If somebody else in that home (not even your friend) does some bullshyt or whatever and gets your account account banned you can't phone into Microsoft and go "oh no that's ok it wasn't really me I just gave someone else access to my account and set their console as my home console."

It's always better to maintain sole access to your accounts. That way you don't have to accept responsibility for other people's actions and other people that know those people. The real best way to do this is to create an account specifically for this purpose but even that has issues because now you have to play from that account.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The problem with all this is it's basically giving your account access away. You now have an Xbox sitting in someone else's home that's supposed to be you and you're accepting responsibility for that. If somebody else in that home (not even your friend) does some bullshyt or whatever and gets your account account banned you can't phone into Microsoft and go "oh no that's ok it wasn't really me I just gave someone else access to my account and set their console as my home console."

It's always better to maintain sole access to your accounts. That way you don't have to accept responsibility for other people's actions and other people that know those people. The real best way to do this is to create an account specifically for this purpose but even that has issues because now you have to play from that account.
The risk is minimal.
You can put a password on your account that would stop anyone from making purchases other than you even if they did sign into your account.
I don't see how your account would be banned since the friend would be using their own sign in.
What in the world would be the benefit or need to sign into another account?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

The "home" Xbox gets access to everything the home gamertag has access too, no need for the other person to even mess with your account.

Now you're issue is "people" (isn't it always) and if you don't trust the person you're sharing with then the solution is to password protect your account or don't share. You seem like you're used to making up the excuse that you can't share because it's not safe which is simply not true. It's too easy or I'd have to call you incompetent :leostare:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
If you trust the person your about to game share with go for it. If you have any kind of second guess, don’t do it